Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RJ is our best player

I think RJ and Krstic should be our untouchable player in any trades

I do not like MJAX for this team - jason Collins and Krstic get swatted enough, our 3rd big needs to be more athlectic

I like VC defense this year

I happy with Zoran and Padgett

I wish Padgett would shoot open look thress more often, sometime he passes to much

Sometime I think the Nets try to pass to much, it leads to turnover, it seems the coaching staff preach everybody touh cthe ball, which I agree with but once you get a good shot TAKE IT!! Sometimes to many passes which lead to way to many tunovers

I think when we need a big shot we should allow RJ to go 1 on 1 sometimes, frank always put the ball in VC's hands

not happy with VC shot selection

I think VC need alot a touches to get into his groove, I don't think that what this team needs

If we had to trade a big salalry to get an EFFECTIVE ATHLETIC BIG - I would trade VC, MJAX and a draft pic.

What do you think of these observations do you guy agree/disagree

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I disagree about RJ 1 on 1. VC is our best iso player and nobody comes close. RJ plays well playing off Vince Carter and Jason Kidd creating for him.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
squaleca said:
till RJ can put a team on his back dont even compare him to VC or JK
RJ put the worst team in the NBA "on his back" last year and played great.

I don't feel it's necessary to crown the "best player" on the Nets.

Jason Kidd is the most irreplaceable player, though.

Reactions: justasking?

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
ghoti said:

i dont think the team did very well tho....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
squaleca said:
till RJ can put a team on his back dont even compare him to VC or JK

Why there is no way KIDD could a team on his back. Don't get me wrong I think J-kidd is awesome but he can not carry a team. That is not his game. And Vince can carry a team by himself to a
mediocrity record. But we want to be a top contender and VC needs to have a lot of shots to get in his groove. It almost like VC is at his best when he is carrying the team. We need a solid TEAM to become a top 4 contender, VC operates better when he can shoot , shoot , shoot , the only problem with that is, it won't get us to be an elilte team.

I will say I have mad rspect for VC and I really like his D this year

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
ghoti said:

Totally agree on all three points.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Petey ,

what are thoughts on ALL THE INITIAL OBSERVATIONS, I find myself usually in same thought process as you, based on your comments

You to Net Income

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
fruitcake said:
i dont think the team did very well tho....
You could put Tim Duncan on the team RJ was on and they would still get killed.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
ghoti said:
You could put Tim Duncan on the team RJ was on and they would still get killed.
well i dont see how it qualifies as "putting a team on your back" if the team isn't successful.

VC and J-Kidd put the team "on their backs" in leading the Nets to the playoffs last year.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
ghoti said:

I agree with you... Very well said. :clap:

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
fruitcake said:
well i dont see how it qualifies as "putting a team on your back" if the team isn't successful.

VC and J-Kidd put the team "on their backs" in leading the Nets to the playoffs last year.
It says on his back. You didn't say he could have help from an elite scorer or a world-class point guard.

Under those conditions, RJ still qualifies.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
powpow64ml said:
RJ is our best player
NO Kidd is

powpow64ml said:
i think thats true... unless we get 2 stars in return
powpow64ml said:
I do not like MJAX for this team - jason Collins and Krstic get swatted enough, our 3rd big needs to be more athlectic
I like jax and i think that we need to giv ehim some more time

powpow64ml said:
Same but it could still be better
powpow64ml said:
I like em too
powpow64ml said:
I wish Padgett would shoot open look thress more often, sometime he passes to much
True
powpow64ml said:
Sometime I think the Nets try to pass to much, it leads to turnover, it seems the coaching staff preach everybody touh cthe ball, which I agree with but once you get a good shot TAKE IT!! Sometimes to many passes which lead to way to many tunovers
True
powpow64ml said:
I think when we need a big shot we should allow RJ to go 1 on 1 sometimes, frank always put the ball in VC's hands
The open man (except collins) should shoot!
powpow64ml said:
Yea but when vc's hot u can't stop him!
powpow64ml said:
I think VC need alot a touches to get into his groove, I don't think that what this team needs
powpow64ml said:
If we had to trade a big salalry to get an EFFECTIVE ATHLETIC BIG - I would trade VC, MJAX and a draft pic.
maybe... who are you talking bout webber (who still is an effective athletic big) or someone else caugh caugh.. KG... caugh caugh

powpow64ml said:
What do you think of these observations do you guy agree/disagree
basically yea and you basically siad the same crap that everyone else knows!

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Very easy, whenever coaches come up with a game plan and say who do we have to stop tonight on the nets, whose going to be the main focus of our defense thats the best player. Thats why TD, KG, Tmac, Kobe and the likes get multiple defenders thrown at them. Now who does that remind you of on this team

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
In addition to that, Shawn Marion isnt the best player on phoenix even though he puts up the best stats, same as RJ

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Hbwoy said:
In addition to that, Shawn Marion isnt the best player on phoenix even though he puts up the best stats, same as RJ
exactly my point

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
[QUOT]RJ is our best player[/QUOTE]

no he's not, hate me or love me, and i am not being a fan guy here. Rj still hasnt proved that he's better than vince. Vince is the best player so far.

Rj and Kristic are botuch touchable, as in if we get good player in return. Every player is touchable in terms of what were getting back.

ok marc jackson is a good fit for this team. we need his toughness inside the paint. Our big 3 dont need to be more athletic because they are already athletic. they need to know how to function with each other better.

it could be better.

i agree

if he has an open shot.. yes he should take it.

by time. these passes will be better cordinated , as the players get to know how to play with each others.

1 on 1 is not a big shot. secondly, our best 1 on 1 player is vince at the moment, he can creat better than RJ. i like vince driving and kicking to Rj for the win.

already discussed that in other forum.

If an All star player get his groove on. thats excatly what the team needs.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
powpow64ml said:
RJ is our best player
I think at this point RJ is our best overall player, in terms of talent, but the teams needs more than talent to win. Jason Kidd proved leadership, Carter's explosiveness excites the team and crowd.

RJ's the best rebounder and defender. Carter's the only better player than RJ in regards to putting the ball in the basket. And Kidd's the only better player than RJ in regards to creating for others.

I think RJ and Krstic should be our untouchable player in any trades.
I won't trade Krstic, but if the Nets could get KG for either RJ or Carter, I would love the trade. I don't think you can trade Krstic as that still leaves Collins as a starter. But if either Carter or RJ are traded we are able to start McInnis until we find a better option.

He's a short term answer, we Thorn has nothing better as our trade exception was about to expire, so we should be happy with him for now.

He has shown more effort, but getting out on the break, well still have issues with that.

I'm also glad Zoran is getting alot more minutes.

Sometime I think the Nets try to pass to much, it leads to turnover, it seems the coaching staff preach everybody touch the ball, which I agree with but once you get a good shot TAKE IT!! Sometimes to many passes which lead to way to many tunovers
That's the nature of this team, no one is greedy, to a fault at times.

I thought the Nets should had gone to RJ during that final play in Miami, with 5.2 on the Clock RJ would have had enough time to create a play for Carter, worst case.

But if it's a catch and shot, have to go to Carter.

With RJ's ability to get to the line so often, I don't think Carter needing so many shots hurts the team. If Carter gets to the line more, he'd put up much bigger numbers. I do hate how the offense slows down at times for Carter though.

As I said, don't mind trading either Carter or RJ.

-Petey

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
VC_15 said:
ok marc jackson is a good fit for this team. we need his toughness inside the paint.
What have you seen to indicate he has any toughness inside the paint?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts