Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a no-brainer for the Nets. We needed a backup PG that wouldnt mind being one, and Chris is the perfect fit. Now all we need is to boot Van Horn! :yes:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I agree that it's a great signing. Childs is a tough defensive pointguard, that can hit some shots. I'm much more comfortable with having him play with Kidd out than I would be with Anthony Johnson.

I just hope the Garnett trade happens... Kidd and the Kid would be the most exciting tandem in basketball, and would give Jefferson the perfect environment to blossom, playing with two superstars that play unbelievable defense and like to pass.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I hope that the trade does and doesnt happen. Though it would be absolutely unbelievable(and unlikely) if the trade happens, I love KMart, as most Nets fans do. You take Kev's big contract, but ya dish Kittles and KVH's. But I would be real dissapointed if we lost martin, even if we did pick up Garnett.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Martin, at his prime, won't be better at any aspect of the game than Kevin Garnett is now... and there's no reason to think that the Kid still can't get better himself. He's improved his shooting every year, and he's still only 26.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah most liekly...

But I love what K-Mart brings to the game. It would be a great move for the Nets, but I love Martin's play so much. I hope it does happen, but chances are, it wont.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I really like Kenyon Martin's game too... but KG is a better version of everything Martin brings, + more.

It's a no-brainer trade for the Nets to make (if the T-Wolves are at all interested) in my opinion, even if the Nets have to throw in a first rounder or two.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Man, this team has got so much depth.

Jason Kidd, Chris Childs
Kerry Kittles, Lucious Harris
Keith Van Horn, Richard Jefferson
Kenyon Martin, Aaron Williams
Todd MacCulloch, Jason Collins

I agree with all of y'all, Childs is a much better play to back up Kidd than Anthony Johnson ever was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts