Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current since Carter has been a Net, and RJ went down, the Nets are 24-22. About a .500 team, and a good bet to make the playoffs in the Atlantic.

How much would we be if RJ were healthy?

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is alot of wins? Would we be a 52-30 teams? I don't know...

-Petey

·
Registered
210 Posts
If RJ was healthy i think the Nets would have about 50 wins by the end of the season.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bobot said:
If RJ was healthy i think the Nets would have about 50 wins by the end of the season.
Welcome to BBB.net Bobot. Sure you'll love it here.

-Petey

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Petey

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
This is an excerpt from nj.com's report of the PLAY. I get chills reading what Kidd had to say, it's things like this you can't teach, you can't learn, it's a part of you. I remember one play in high school, some how there was a scramble for the ball, Kidd's on the ground with 3 opponents, back to his basket, flips a pass over his head to a waiting teammate who lays it in. How, he said we were in a 1-3-1 fullcourt press, the teammate if in the correct position was guarding the in bounds pass. Anyways for you reading pleasure:

"I saw him," Kidd said after the most dazzling of his 13 assists. "Once he committed to block the shot, I knew he couldn't respond fast enough to get to Vince. Even if he tried to turn around and get to it, I thought it was too late -- especially with the way Vince gets up."

And who was behind Carter?

"Jacque," he said. "I saw that before Jacque got the steal that it was already a done deal."

And who was behind Vaughn?

"Kaman."

Let the record show he saw all this without turning his head, or seeing a replay.

Richard, your car's bein' towed.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kidd Karma said:
Haha, that's not fair, we've seen Kidd and RJ, Kidd and KMart pull that off too.

-Petey

·
Registered
609 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
This is an excerpt from nj.com's report of the PLAY. I get chills reading what Kidd had to say, it's things like this you can't teach, you can't learn, it's a part of you. I remember one play in high school, some how there was a scramble for the ball, Kidd's on the ground with 3 opponents, back to his basket, flips a pass over his head to a waiting teammate who lays it in. How, he said we were in a 1-3-1 fullcourt press, the teammate if in the correct position was guarding the in bounds pass. Anyways for you reading pleasure:

"I saw him," Kidd said after the most dazzling of his 13 assists. "Once he committed to block the shot, I knew he couldn't respond fast enough to get to Vince. Even if he tried to turn around and get to it, I thought it was too late -- especially with the way Vince gets up."

"Jacque," he said. "I saw that before Jacque got the steal that it was already a done deal."

"Kaman."

Let the record show he saw all this without turning his head, or seeing a replay.

That is great. Kidd is truely amazing.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Kidd Karma said:

"Kaman."

Classic. Reminds me of that play in Philly last year where Kidd was driving the baskeline, went up and just tossed the ball up for K-Mart without really seeing him. That was the play of the year last year.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a fool... just figured out it was about the AMEX commercial.

-Petey

·
Registered
839 Posts
from al iannazzone (north jersey.com)

"He probably knew where everyone was, including the people at the concession stands and whether they had ketchup or mustard on their hot dogs.

"He always knows what's going on out there," Carter said. "You just listen to him in the huddle sometimes and he'll say something and you're like, 'How did he see that?' He reacts to things so fast. It's just amazing."

hilarious. and yet scary at the same time. he´s awesome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts