Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Nets need another big now!

1055 Views 30 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Lord-SMX
They are playing with fire only having 3 bigs and Cliffy's little scare yesterday should have reinforced that. We know it takes awhile for players to grasp what the Nets do so they better bring in someone now and start training them incase of an emergency.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Netted- said:
They are playing with fire only having 3 bigs and Cliffy's little scare yesterday should have reinforced that. We know it takes awhile for players to grasp what the Nets do so they better bring in someone now and start training them incase of an emergency.
Poor decision by Thorn. Bring someone in to get our guys some rest and provide 6 fouls on Shaq in the playoffs.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
rundmc00 said:
Poor decision by Thorn. Bring someone in to get our guys some rest and provide 6 fouls on Shaq in the playoffs.
YET ANOTHER POOR DECISION BY THORN!!!!

ON TOP OF TAKING COLLINS AT NO. 18, KRSTIC AT NO. 24 AND GETTING CLIFF ROBINSON FOR TWO SECOND ROUND PICKS....THE MAN MUST BE TAKEN OUT!

PS The only players you can get now that would be worth getting are Fizer and Chenowith. ANd if someone goes down, Nets will be screwed...whether they pick up either one of them. They cant play in the playoffs. Would be happy with either but dont think it's the end of the world if they dont.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Big men eligible for the playoffs as reported by Chris Sheridan in his Insider column...Not a lot players who can actually help the Nets...

Centers -

Kevin Willis
Zendon Hamilton
Elden Campbell
Jahidi White
Andrew Declercq
Vladimir Stepania

Power Forwards -

Darvin Ham
Christian Laettner
Marcus Haislip
Jerome Moiso
Clarence Weatherspoon
See less See more
bballfreak524 said:
Big men eligible for the playoffs as reported by Chris Sheridan in his Insider column...Not a lot players who can actually help the Nets...

Centers -

Kevin Willis
Zendon Hamilton
Elden Campbell
Jahidi White
Andrew Declercq
Vladimir Stepania

Power Forwards -

Darvin Ham
Christian Laettner
Marcus Haislip
Jerome Moiso
Clarence Weatherspoon
Those guys are worth a call.
I saw we sign Elden Campbell and make him sit again!

-Petey
Petey said:
I saw we sign Elden Campbell and make him sit again!

-Petey
Darko has already been traded.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Jahidi White is a big body and he plays quite well against Shaq.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I like Kevin Willis. Doesn't back down from anybody, championship experience, knows how to play TD and Shaq, and should get Frank's system quickly considering he did well in Pop's system.
kdub said:
I like Kevin Willis. Doesn't back down from anybody, championship experience, knows how to play TD and Shaq, and should get Frank's system quickly considering he did well in Pop's system.
Kevin Willis and Cliffy will combine for a 100 when they play together, years that is.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
NetIncome said:
PS The only players you can get now that would be worth getting are Fizer and Chenowith. ANd if someone goes down, Nets will be screwed...whether they pick up either one of them. They cant play in the playoffs. Would be happy with either but dont think it's the end of the world if they dont.
What do you mean? They'll be playoff eligible.
DareToBeYinka said:
Kevin Willis and Cliffy will combine for a 100 when they play together, years that is.
Cliffy is out there proving age doesn't matter, I'm sure Willis can as long as he has continued to stay in shape.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
It was reported maybe last week or 2 weeks ago, that the Nets will pick up somebody. Don't know if that coincided with Fizer's release or it came before and now the Nets are thinking about Fizer.
bballfreak524 said:
Big men eligible for the playoffs as reported by Chris Sheridan in his Insider column...Not a lot players who can actually help the Nets...

Centers -

Kevin Willis
Zendon Hamilton
Elden Campbell
Jahidi White
Andrew Declercq
Vladimir Stepania

Power Forwards -

Darvin Ham
Christian Laettner
Marcus Haislip
Jerome Moiso
Clarence Weatherspoon
Anyone of those three would be fine. Beats putting Lamond Murray on Shaq!
Netted- said:
Originally Posted by NetIncome
PS The only players you can get now that would be worth getting are Fizer and Chenowith. ANd if someone goes down, Nets will be screwed...whether they pick up either one of them. They cant play in the playoffs. Would be happy with either but dont think it's the end of the world if they dont.
What do you mean? They'll be playoff eligible.
Under collective bargaining rules, a player can sign with any playoff-bound team up until the last day of the season and still be eligible for the postseason. (Players who already were on NBA rosters but who were waived in-season must have been waived by March 1 to be playoff-eligible.)
Fizer cannot play in the playoffs for the Nets if they sign him. I believe he was on the Sonics roster on March 1.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
The Nets can sign Antonio Davis because he was not on a roster on March 1st. I say we go after him.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
bballfreak524 said:
Fizer cannot play in the playoffs for the Nets if they sign him. I believe he was on the Sonics roster on March 1.
No, Fizer can play, he was signed a week into March.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
bballfreak524 said:
Big men eligible for the playoffs as reported by Chris Sheridan in his Insider column...Not a lot players who can actually help the Nets...

Centers -

Kevin Willis
Zendon Hamilton
Elden Campbell
Jahidi White
Andrew Declercq
Vladimir Stepania

Power Forwards -

Darvin Ham
Christian Laettner
Marcus Haislip
Jerome Moiso
Clarence Weatherspoon
Jahidi White, Andrew Declercq, Christian Laettner or possibly Vladimir Stepania or Kevin Willis might be able to help. You've got to look at the age, health and ability of each to determine the best fit.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top