Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who out of the two have any chance at challenging the Lakers?

My personal opinion is neither.

The lakers don't have anyone to gaurd toine, and Fox may be able to shut down Peja, but Pierce is in a different league. But if you look at it from the Lakers side, the whole Celtic team couldn't gaurd Shaq even if he is injured. Kobe?? I guess Williams will try and slow him down.

Depending on how Shaq's injuries are doing I think Boston may have alittle chance.

As far as NJ, If Kidd can dictate the tempo and Make LA play a runing game they might alittle chance as well.

The East isn't looking to good for the Championship this year, but either is anybody in the West beside the Lakers.

Note: I'm already asuming LA will beat Sactown just because Webber and Vlade are to busy crying to the refs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Celtics lack a stalwart inside game. A team needs competence there if they are to even challenge the Lakers. I just am not impressed with what Boston has to offer there.

As for the Nets, Jason Kidd has taken them beyond expectations of media pundits and diehard fans. The cohesiveness, health, and maturation of the other players has also contributed greatly to their success. However, this team does not have the overall playoff experience of the Lakers. In addition to that, they do not have a second option that even remotely compares to Kobe Bryant. Plainly stated, I think Shaq and Kobe would just be too much for them to handle.

I think the Lakers can take either team in five games or less.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Actually, I feel as though the Celtics are the only eastern club who can make the finals interesting. The local boy, Paul Pierce, makes good and challenges the world champs!

I would love to see Jase make the finals, but I really have my doubts that they can because 2 is always greater than 1.

The two of the celtics will wear Jase down in a 7 game series, I fear.:sigh:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I'll give you the overall deal. The game, the other night with Lakers vs. Kings, when the Lakers won in the last second with the 3 pointer...that was the turning point for the series. I think Lakers will take it, regrettedly so.

If the Kings win, which I doubt will happen, then I think the Celtics might be able to pull it off. But against, the Lakers, match-up wise I don't see it happening.

The Celtics, I wish they were, but they are definitely not championship winning material. They're awfully young, and have a lot of heart, but not enough experience or mental strength to pull it off this year. Maybe next year.

The Nets are good as well, Jason Kidd makes things happen for that ball club. It's up for grabs as to who wins the Celtics/Nets series.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
sara_mermaid said:
Well, I'll give you the overall deal. The game, the other night with Lakers vs. Kings, when the Lakers won in the last second with the 3 pointer...that was the turning point for the series. I think Lakers will take it, regrettedly so.
Unfortunatley, I agree. That was such a heart-breaker. Kings were in control all game until the final 7 or 8 minutes of the 4th quarter. Bibby was destroying L.A but for some reason Bibby couldnt get it going down the stretch of the 4th quarter. Kings should be up 3-1. Instead they may be feeling doubts after that unbleievable lucky shot by Horry. The shot itself wasnt luck but the fact he was able to get that shot was luck. Hopefully the Kings can use the homecourt advantage and win both games at home though.
btw- Thanks for Joining Sara!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts