Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us have overlooked the Nets deficiencies in light of the recent win streak, but before that, the Nets were considered a team that could be somewhat easily bounced in the first round, and they are just way too thin to win the championship, especially in a year with 3 elite teams, Pistons, Spurs, and Mavericks, as well as many other great teams, like the Heat, Cavs, Suns, Kings, etc. The Nets appear to be a team, especially with against the hot Bulls, and against teams like the Pacers and 76ers loaded with weapons like Chicago, Nets could easily be swept or bounced in 5. Nets aren't an elite team, and probaly won't get past the 2nd round, or the first round at that, and with so many other great teams, even in the East now, the Nets have a low chance of winning the championship, where they'll meet a great team from the West.

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
get ready to be blasted on these boards by the angry legion

Anyway, Nets are just an inconsistent team. Its been like that all season.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, sure, whatever. Say what you want, and feel what you want. I'm not going to change that. But I honestly can say by watching them as consistently as I have, that they will reach the 2nd round and possibly eliminate the Heat or give them all they could handle and than do the same with Detroit.

Anyone can label a team and say they aren't good. But it really doesn't matter what you say if you don't have enough information or the knowledge on them. You have to see them on a consistent basis to really say something because you actually know how they have been playing and what they have been doing. But to say that they will lose in the first round in 5 games or will be beaten like a team such as the Bulls or Milwaukee or 76ers.... I don't think you've watched this team at all.

I'm not saying they will win, but I do know that any team that faces them will get a challenge and it won't be easy beating them.

·
Banned
3,113 Posts
TataFry said:
Yeah, sure, whatever. Say what you want, and feel what you want. I'm not going to change that. But I honestly can say by watching them as consistently as I have, that they will reach the 2nd round and possibly eliminate the Heat or give them all they could handle and than do the same with Detroit.

Anyone can label a team and say they aren't good. But it really doesn't matter what you say if you don't have enough information or the knowledge on them. You have to see them on a consistent basis to really say something because you actually know how they have been playing and what they have been doing. But to say that they will lose in the first round in 5 games or will be beaten like a team such as the Bulls or Milwaukee or 76ers.... I don't think you've watched this team at all.

I'm not saying they will win, but I do know that any team that faces them will get a challenge and it won't be easy beating them.
theyre a team that will get swept or sweep

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
How are the nets overrated???? not just any team in this league can go on 2 double digit win streaks, granted we are struggling rite now but this team has gotten complacent and dont need to be busting their *** when they have clinched the atlantic...at least our team is going into the second round and we might upset the heat,cant say so for ur team whos gonna get massacred by the pistons,goodluck!

·
Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pmac34 said:

Exactly, they have the potentail to come out, and just sweep the team they are facing out of the playoffs, but it is almost as likely for them to get swept themselves.

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
thacarter said:
How are the nets overrated???? not just any team in this league can go on 2 double digit win streaks, granted we are struggling rite now but this team has gotten complacent and dont need to be busting their *** when they have clinched the atlantic...at least our team is going into the second round and we might upset the heat,cant say so for ur team whos gonna get massacred by the pistons,goodluck!
cant be so sure if you draw the Pacers round 1....experienced team that plays very goo defense. Nets should win that series, but the Pacers are very dangerous

·
15 STRONG
27,437 Posts
Nets seem to string wins together, and then go through bad stretches....I guess it might end up on what team shows up in the playoffs. If they show up bad, they could* lose to Indiana in the 1st round. If they play how they are capable of, they could go to the ECF and maybe give the Pistons a run for their money.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
wadeshaqeddie said:
cant be so sure if you draw the Pacers round 1....experienced team that plays very goo defense. Nets should win that series, but the Pacers are very dangerous
listen up,pacers of this season dont even scare me one bit, sure they won the regular season games against us but this is the playoffs we talkin about, not to mention we have homecourt advantage....truth of the matter is nets WILL advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs, it will be tough to beat the heat however

·
Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nets potential 1st round opponent season series records.

Indiana 1-2
Milwaukee 3-1
Chicago 1-2
Philidalphia 1-2 (one game left)

Its not like New Jersey had a cake walk with these teams throughout the season.

Chicago and Indiana look like the most likely opponents with the Bucks playing like goose **** right now, and 76ers with a chance at the 6th spot, but they lack tiebreakers unlike Chicago/Indiana.

Nets are the most likely team in the East not to make it out of the first round despite being the higher seed.

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
thacarter said:
listen up,pacers of this season dont even scare me one bit, sure they won the regular season games against us but this is the playoffs we talkin about, not to mention we have homecourt advantage....truth of the matter is nets WILL advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs, it will be tough to beat the heat however
why do net fans get so crazy when heat fans say the same thing :biggrin:

anyway, I think the Pacers could give trouble to whoever they face in round 1. Check out the heat forum from like 4 weeks back, most recently my posts tonight about me wanting the Pacers to get that 6th seed and aviod the heat. As of now the Pacers and Bucks are tied (Pacers have tie braker), and I would rather face the Bucks any day of the week. Pacers know what the playoffs mean, and play that slow down defensive style

·
Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whats because the playoffs mean? Because its the playoffs the Nets will win? Indiana, Chicago, Philly all have playoff experience on the team, so its not like these are teams new to the playoffs getting in.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
Indiana will be the 5th seed. Look at their schedule. Their toughest game is against Orlando (at Conseco).

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
HKF said:
Indiana will be the 5th seed. Look at their schedule. Their toughest game is against Orlando (at Conseco).
very possible, since Washington is only 1 game up and have Cleveland, Mil, and Detroit left

thats cool with me since Heat have beaten Washington 16 times in a row, and MIL isnt a team to be worrysome about. Good for the Nets also. Devastating for the Cavs

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
pmac34 said:
you sure? I will give you all my UCASH and I will rep you a thousand times if it happens...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Nets arent trying right now
They can easily beat any team
and I dont think that the nets are gonna be complacent come playoff time
All teams turn it up a notch during the playoffs
And when the nets try very hard they are as good as any team of all time
there I said it
All time

-self proclaimed biggest nets fan and Nets Forum Mar. (06) Pick'em Champ

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
sloth said:
Whats because the playoffs mean? Because its the playoffs the Nets will win? Indiana, Chicago, Philly all have playoff experience on the team, so its not like these are teams new to the playoffs getting in.
hey right now u can go on about nets losing in the playoffs to these sub.500 teams but tell u wat, ill be bookmarking this thread and we'll see how it all turned out

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
sloth said:
Nets potential 1st round opponent season series records.

Indiana 1-2
Milwaukee 3-1
Chicago 1-2
Philidalphia 1-2 (one game left)

Its not like New Jersey had a cake walk with these teams throughout the season.

Chicago and Indiana look like the most likely opponents with the Bucks playing like goose **** right now, and 76ers with a chance at the 6th spot, but they lack tiebreakers unlike Chicago/Indiana.

Nets are the most likely team in the East not to make it out of the first round despite being the higher seed.
No way the Nets are gonna lose in the 1st Round. Cleveland is the most likely to get ousted by a lower seed. They're even more inconsistent & they lack playoff experience. They had a 4, 5 & 6 game losing streak on the season.

Possible playoff opponents season series for Cleveland:
Washington 1-2 (1 more game to be played)
Milwaukee 2-1
Indiana 3-1

Their records are pretty good except against Washington but don't put too much on season records b/c Indiana has been there before & are starting to get healthy. Washington & Milwaukee can both be pretty dangerous.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.