4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sound off with solutions to the malaise!!! All quallity posts repped! :curse:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Attack the basket.
Communicate.
Grab rebounds, don't tap the ball to someone else.
Stop shooting 3's.
Learn how to finish, not act to get a foul.
Stop giving Mark Jackson and Jason Collins the ball on offense.
Foul somebody like they are on the other god damn team.

Reactions: TheMo

·
All my teams suck
8,686 Posts
McInnis played good at the end.
The rest of the team did not.
Wasn't McInnis the one who was said to cause problems by not giving it his all? hmm, didn't look that way tonite.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
communicate
play better defence
rebound
box out
settle for better shots
stop attempting too many unecessary 3's
FINALLY
DRIVE IN TO THE LANE MORE

·
All my teams suck
8,686 Posts
do sumthin to stir things up . . . . fire frank, have kidd yell at the team again like he did two years ago when scott was fired. After that we went 13-0. We need changes. We need motivation. We need an identity. WE NEED HEART! and we need it fast. We're below .500 and my patience is running dry.

·
Registered
130 Posts
we need a difference maker at PF not ely or whatever...wejust have no perimeter defense or no interior defense..we have NO defense whatsoever...this is part lawrences fault and part the players fault but, I think drastic changes need to take place.. lets face the fact, the Nets will NOT get far in the playoffs, hell, they might not even make the playoffs if they keep playing like they are now

They need to just take a step back and realize that we need MAJOR HELP, not just role players like wilcox or ely, we need an PF who really can be a force on the offensive and defensive end....i mean krstic and jackson are very poor defenders and with Collins injured who knows whats going to happen.

As of right now, of course the player i want is KG or Elton Brand but i just dont know if we can get them but if we dont we will not go far this season...

·
Registered
269 Posts
We don't need "major help". Can you honestly tell me that Melvin Ely would be a "major help" to this team? This is a team of all stars. If they want to play with their heads in their backsides let them go ahead, but don't let it trick you into thinking that we "need" something. This team could easily be as good as any team in the NBA, but they don't play with the intensity that some of the elite teams do. Furthermore, they are simply morons out there. They don't think.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Hit wide open looks.

Play LJIII and/or Wright in place of players who refuse to play defense.

·
Registered
130 Posts
krsticfan325 said:
Can you honestly tell me that Melvin Ely would be a "major help" to this team?
I wasnt saying that ely would be a major help, im saying that he would not be any help

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Byrdman1531 said:
we need a difference maker at PF not ely or whatever...wejust have no perimeter defense or no interior defense..we have NO defense whatsoever...this is part lawrences fault and part the players fault but, I think drastic changes need to take place.. lets face the fact, the Nets will NOT get far in the playoffs, hell, they might not even make the playoffs if they keep playing like they are now

They need to just take a step back and realize that we need MAJOR HELP, not just role players like wilcox or ely, we need an PF who really can be a force on the offensive and defensive end....i mean krstic and jackson are very poor defenders and with Collins injured who knows whats going to happen.

As of right now, of course the player i want is KG or Elton Brand but i just dont know if we can get them but if we dont we will not go far this season...
First off, it's early in the season. Too early to panic. Lots of new faces are being integrated and NETS are struggling to find their chemistry, intensity and shooting touch. Carter is way off. Ditto for others. The major help can come in the form of a player that has the tools - but lacks opportunity where he's at right now. I'd take a chance on both Ely and Wilcox. The NETS need an athletic 4 on the wing to pressure the defense on the break. That's what's missing. K-Mart provided it and made Kidd's open court skills shine. You're not going to get someone of KG's caliber without a major shakeup, i.e., talent trade. T-Mac Killed the NETS. Lack of interior and perimeter defense showed. Defensive schemes need enhancement. Jackson played fairly well. McGinnis, too! Carter was cold. Krstic was a non-factor. Thanks for your post.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Doesn't McGrady have pterodactyl wings?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I say fight fire with fire. If opponent shoots then we must shoot as well if we can't defend them. Give VC and RJ open looks. But if they are afraid to shoot or struggle then we are doomed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
First off, it's early in the season. Too early to panic. Lots of new faces are being integrated and NETS are struggling to find their chemistry, intensity and shooting touch. Carter is way off. Ditto for others. The major help can come in the form of a player that has the tools - but lacks opportunity where he's at right now. I'd take a chance on both Ely and Wilcox. The NETS need an athletic 4 on the wing to pressure the defense on the break. That's what's missing. K-Mart provided it and made Kidd's open court skills shine. You're not going to get someone of KG's caliber without a major shakeup, i.e., talent trade. T-Mac Killed the NETS. Lack of interior and perimeter defense showed. Defensive schemes need enhancement. Jackson played fairly well. McGinnis, too! Carter was cold. Krstic was a non-factor. Thanks for your post.
I think Al harrington might be a good option, I heard he wants out of Atlanta and hes young and athletic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts