Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you all think is going to be the Nets full-roster for next year.

I'm going to assume that there's no major move this offseason, leaving the roster as:

1) Kidd
2) Kittles
3) Van Horn
4) Martin
5) McCollough
6) Jefferson
7)Collins
8) Williams
9) Harris
10) Some backup pointguard they sign.
11) ?
12) ?

For the last two spots on the roster, in my opinion it'll be a battle between Slay, Scalabrine, Armstrong, and Lyde (I'm thinking they'll go with youth here, getting rid of the possibility of a guy like Causewell. Obviously, their normal rotation is sit, meaning the last 2 guys will probably only get garbage time, unless they really impress)

Armstrong obviously has the advantage, because he's got a guaranteed contract for next year, being a first round pick... but I think Slay has the potential to be the best out of the four of them.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by BBallFan

I'm going to assume that there's no major move this offseason, leaving the roster as:

1) Kidd
2) Kittles
3) Van Horn
4) Martin
5) McCollough
6) Jefferson
7)Collins
8) Williams
9) Harris
11) ?
12) ?

For the last two spots on the roster, in my opinion it'll be a battle between Slay, Scalabrine, Armstrong, and Lyde (I'm thinking they'll go with youth here, getting rid of the possibility of a guy like Causewell. Obviously, their normal rotation is sit, meaning the last 2 guys will probably only get garbage time, unless they really impress)

Armstrong obviously has the advantage, because he's got a guaranteed contract for next year, being a first round pick... but I think Slay has the potential to be the best out of the four of them.
from the looks of things and from what i hear, the nets will probably go with slay and lyde. and, yeah, i don't see any major transactions either.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping it'd be Slay and Lyde... They both are exciting players, that might be productive down the line.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
I was hoping it'd be Slay and Lyde... They both are exciting players, that might be productive down the line.
another player who will be with the nets in the not-too-far future is kristic. thorn was impressed with him when he saw him play in that world tournament. i can see him possibly joining the nets in a year or two.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Down the line, I think that Krstic is going to be an exceptional player.

However, he's almost as lanky as they get now... I think they should be very patient with him, as I think he needs about 40 or 50 pounds of muscle to be successful in the NBA (if he's to play center)

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts

However, he's almost as lanky as they get now... I think they should be very patient with him, as I think he needs about 40 or 50 pounds of muscle to be successful in the NBA (if he's to play center)
definitely :yes:

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
BizzyRipsta said:
another player who will be with the nets in the not-too-far future is kristic. thorn was impressed with him when he saw him play in that world tournament. i can see him possibly joining the nets in a year or two.
BBallFan said:

yes.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
BBallFan said:

Wow, you are so far off. Just go away and don't post again in 3 years.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
BBallFan said:

1) Kidd
2) Kittles
3) Van Horn
4) Martin
5) McCollough
6) Jefferson
7)Collins
8) Williams
9) Harris
11) ?
12) ?

I agree.

Even though I'm just a 13 year old kid, I do believe that will be the right roster.

P

·
0 Posts
BBallFan said:

1) Kidd
2) Kittles
3) Van Horn
4) Martin
5) McCollough
6) Jefferson
7)Collins
8) Williams
9) Harris
11) ?
12) ?

what a surprise...scalabrine turned out to be the "best" out of the 4 of them. i guess.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Well...they were right about Nenad...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts