Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
You may post links to appropriate articles in your posts, but you cannot post the articles in their entirety. You can quote from the articles, but do so sparingly. Remember, you agree in the Terms of Use to be held legally responsible for your own posts on BasketballBoards.net. Always credit the source when quoting from an article.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Malakian</b>!
Tamar is a shooting guard, and in the end he will take Kittle's job.
Ridiculous.

When Kittles is healthy, he is a very good player.

An excellent shooter and the fastest man in the league, he is vital to New Jersey's offense both in the half-court set and on the break.

Kerry led the Nets in games of 20 or above PPG last year... When he's on, he's a very good offensive player.

Kittle's D is underrated... He guards his man well and, because of his great lateral quickness, he's tough to beat off the drizzy. Also an excellent help defender, great at stepping the p-lanes.

The guy fits in superbly with the Nets, he is MADE for the Princeton offense. He can (back) cut like Randy Moss.

Slay is just an unproven second-round pick. He's athletic and has good size (6'8) but he won't be beating out a very solid NBA player like Kittles anytime soon. You may think I'm hating on him, but I actually do think he can become a very good back-up, giving a team (I don't know if it will be Jersey) some explosiveness and solid shooting off the bench.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Amen to that. Someone finally gives Kerry Kittles the praise he deserves.

Quick fact: Kittles is a better career 3-point % shooter than Peja.

As for Slay... he has much more potential than being just a very good back up. He's more than a good athlete, he's an exceptional athlete (especially for someone his height). He runs the sprint as fast as Jay Williams, as well as having very impressive results in every other test the Chicago predraft gave (he finished as #3 overall, behind only J.R. Bremer and Nene Hilario). He's also more than just a solid shooter... %-wise, he's better than Savovic, who everyone loved for his shooting ability (because he didn't have that much else going for his game).

As for him having to do that on another team... I have so much faith in Rod Thorn, that if Tamar Slay shows any signs of being a good player (which I think he will), Thorn will make sure that Slay's a good player in NJ.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
How often do players struggle their first time in the playoffs? It's not out of the ordinary at all.

And as for Slay not having problems with confidence... that's actually one of his faults. He clearly was the most athletic, and most talented player on his team last year... and he still didn't lead them in scoring. He doesn't have that star-mentality yet (and he might not ever get it)

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Expecting a super star from a late 2nd round draft choice? :eek: Jeez, NJ will be lucky if Slay is good enough to make the team, low 2nd rounders usually aren't very successful.

Last year was Kittle's first year back, and he'll be improved and better this season.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!
Hey buddy, I gotta think if hes already been signed hes guna make the team, hehe. Try to get your facts right before you bash a young kid or his organization.
That doesn't mean anything. Brandon Armstrong and Tamar Slay both have contracts but one likely won't be on the team when the season opens (barring injury).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts