1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
You guys think the Nets will keep their name

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Will you Jersey guys still be Net fans? I see people on other sites saying that they're through with the Nets when the come to Brooklyn.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>DeezNets</b>!
Will you Jersey guys still be Net fans? I see people on other sites saying that they're through with the Nets when the come to Brooklyn.
I'll still be a nets fan, but it won't be the same. Imagine how empty the arena is gonna be these next few years.

On anohter note, did anyone else notice that in that article it said the deal was reached thursday night? I'm sure it was just a mess up, but in my head I'm thinking maybe its like a hoax thing. Its weird there is nothing on ESPN.com about it.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
They should have moved to Newark. The arena would be near packed every night and they'd keep the franchise in NJ. Sad day for New Jersey sports. :cry:

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
A lot still has to happen for the move to occur, but this was a major blow.

I think I'll still be a fan, but it won't be for a few more years, so you never know. Things will suck at CAA in the meantime, though.

Part of me is excited about a new arena, that is still within traveling distance for me. But I think I'm mostly disappointed, and really not looking forward to the lame duck years in CAA. I'm finally at a point in life where I can afford to go to several games a year, and this will take away some of the enjoyment.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>schub</b>!
I'm finally at a point in life where I can afford to go to several games a year, and this will take away some of the enjoyment.
Thats exactly it. I'm like a year and a half away from graduating, and I'll (hopefully) have a job and make some good money. I always had the idea of being able to go to a bunch of games in the back of my mind, but I guess thats done now.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ToddMacCulloch11</b>!
Does anyone know if the games will still be on YES?
I'm pretty sure I read a while ago that they will. At least until the current contract runs out.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
What happened to Jay Z buying the Nets? ha ha

Yeah that sucks when anyone has a team leave. I think that a city should make the citizens vote before a sale of any team. But that isnt how business works.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>reisedogg</b>!
What happened to Jay Z buying the Nets? ha ha
He is.

Jay-Z is part of the group that will be buying them.

Just yesterday, I ordered tickets for this Sunday's game against Boston (mostly becuase its not on live TV, but rather tape delay :D). I'll be real curious to see what kind of crowd is there.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Originally posted by <b>schub</b>!

He is.

Jay-Z is part of the group that will be buying them.

Just yesterday, I ordered tickets for this Sunday's game against Boston (mostly becuase its not on live TV, but rather tape delay :D). I'll be reall curious to see what kind of crowd is there.
THe only other people attending will be Joumana and TJ.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PetroToZoran</b>!

THe only other people attending will be Joumana and TJ.
Of the 4 games I've gone to so far, Joumana has only been at one. :(

And I didn't have my telephoto lens at that point. ;)

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I feel bad for NJ-based Nets fans.

NJ is a good state, under-rated and under-appreciated. NJ fans deserve their own pro basketball team. Game operations and CAA were 2nd class operations, so a change was warranted. It's unfortunate, though, the team was sold to ex-state ownership. I think the fan base would have been fine if the team had moved to a major urban center with good public transpo, like Newark.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I will continue to be a NJ nets fan...

no matter where they are, they will always be the NJ nets to me..

traveling to brooklyn will suck.. so I won't be doing it often.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts