Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What else is new? Yet another proposed NJ/Wash trade from me.

New Jersey Trades:

Zoran Planinic
Rodney Rogers
Lucious Harris
1st rd pick

Wash Trades:

Juan Dixon
Steve Blake
Brendan Haywood

Wiz Lineup

E. Thomas/Rogers/Laettner
K. Brown//Jeffries/Rogers
Stackhouse/Hayes/Jeffries
Hughes/Harris/Hayes
Arenas/Zoran/Knight

Washington et a couple of players who know the system, plus Zoran and a 1st round pick.

Nets Lineup

Haywood/A-Train/Collins
K-Mart/Griffin/A-Train
Jefferson/Griffin/Veal
Kittles/Dixon
Kidd/Blake

New Jersey gets the spark off the bench and a real starting center. They also get a real backup PG and a pretty good bench.

So what does everyone think of this deal? As a Nets fan I would do it for sure. I would think a Wiz fan would too because Juanny and Steve will be getting no time at all when Stack comes back.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crap, I just realized the money is way off. Anyways, we NEED Blake and Dixon! Can someone come up with a trade including this group of players?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
You really have to stop with the Blake/Dixon trades.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!

-Petey
The man loves his Terps and he loves his Nets. What can you say?

Blake and Dixon are decent bench guards who would do well on the right team. (Rolling up sleeves, wiggling fingers, bringing up realgm.com) Let's see . . .

Armstrong and Scalabrine FOR Dixon and Blake works out salary-wise.

Obviously, the Nets need serious help at guard. Blake is more valuable than Dixon to the Wiz, simply because they're deeper at SG than PG. Who knows? Maybe Eddie Jordan knows something about Armstrong as a former 1st round pick that the world hasn't seen yet. In Scalabrine, Jordan picks up a skilled forward, a reliable hustle guy who plays smart, who can execute the motion offense from the pivot. I'm not sure how many Wizards bigs you can say that about right now.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NYCbballFan</b>!
Armstrong and Scalabrine FOR Dixon and Blake works out salary-wise.
I like this deal, since, as you said, the Nets really need help at both guard positions. Maybe throw Planinic in and get a draft pick back, since having him and Blake would be redundant, and it might make it a better deal for the Wiz. They should have a pretty high pick this year, too.

If Griffin pans out, Veal would be a little more dispensible.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Originally posted by <b>schub</b>!

I like this deal, since, as you said, the Nets really need help at both guard positions. Maybe throw Planinic in and get a draft pick back, since having him and Blake would be redundant, and it might make it a better deal for the Wiz. They should have a pretty high pick this year, too.

If Griffin pans out, Veal would be a little more dispensible.
Blake was my original dark-horse pick for the Nets before the word came down about Planinic. I wasn't surprised at all when Eddie Jordan picked him up to help with the Wizards' motion offense. Dixon has skills and is an energizer, something the Nets lack in the back-court. A high pick would be nice, but I'd hesitate to give up on Planinic's Jiri Welsch potential as a 6'7 combo guard so soon. I'd rather give Planinic the rest of the season to acclimate to the NBA and judge him next season.

The Nets' logjam of PF/SFs does make Veal more dispensible and for this hypothetical trade, the salaries match better. However, if Griffin becomes a fixture for the remainder of this season and hopefully beyond, I consider Rogers to be the redundant and dispensible player. Of the three PF/SFs, I'd rather keep one talented, athletic but inconsistent player and one reliable, skilled hustle guy.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NYCbballFan</b>!
The Nets' logjam of PF/SFs does make Veal more dispensible and for this hypothetical trade, the salaries match better. However, if Griffin becomes a fixture for the remainder of this season and hopefully beyond, I consider Rogers to be the redundant and dispensible player. Of the three PF/SFs, I'd rather keep one talented, athletic but inconsistent player and one reliable, skilled hustle guy.
Well, yeah, I'd obviouly rather deal Rogers than Scalabrine, but at his salary, he has no trade value this year.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Originally posted by <b>schub</b>!

Well, yeah, I'd obviouly rather deal Rogers than Scalabrine, but at his salary, he has no trade value this year.
Understood. One can hope, though.

I half-suspect Rogers has been elevated over Scalabrine in the rotation to show-case him before the trade dead-line. It's too bad Rogers is playing so badly because if he had ANY court value, he has a reasonably sized contract that wouldn't demand some convoluted salary-matching trade. At his salary range, there is some decent quality, reasonably priced talent, too.

When a Sonics fan brought up a trade proposal in the forum, I thought maybe the Nets could sneak Rogers past them for Antonio Daniels, given the Sonics' weak front-court and their depth of guards. Unfortunately, I don't think the Sonics are that desperate.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!

-Petey
Why? I am a die-hard Terps and Nets fan. And I know that Dixon and Blake could affect this team in the greatest way.

Just to show you what Dixon is capable of. This his his statline tonight:

45 minutes 30 points 6 rebounds 3 assists 4 steals and only 1 TO.

We all saw what Blake can do the last time we played the Wiz.

A bench of Train, Rogers, Griffin, Dixon, and Blake would actually be one of the better ones in the league. We also wouldnt have to give up a much as we would for say a Cuttino Mobley.

Give Eddie J. a simple Veal, Harris, and a 1st rounder for Juan and Steve and see what he says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts