Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

I agree. No patience isn't an answer! :D
Gee, I missed a comma in my first comment and it turns mine into complete opposite of my intention.

No, I don't want to excercise my patience any more. Blow Up This Bulls, Now.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>[email protected]</b>!
good stuff so far ace, i like it :clap:
Thanks, seems like your totally of the opposite opinion judging from your posts. But I still apprecciate the props, I'll take em wherever I can get em' :D

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>jsong</b>!

Gee, I missed a comma in my first comment and it turns mine into complete opposite of my intention.

No, I don't want to excercise my patience any more. Blow Up This Bulls, Now.
I know. I love being an English major!!! :D

I understand your frustration but I think it's a bit misplaced. Besides, you can't trade the three C's for anything that will be any better than the three C's.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I agree with your article, but you already knew that.

You must exercise patience if you want long term dividends. I hope none of you that don't have patience are investors. Hah. Anyway, you have to be patient with kids, and at 21 and 22 years old, they are kids.

·
Registered
307 Posts
AS of now, WE are the worst team in NBA.

What could be more worse than the current team? WE can't be worse than the last time. And I say TEAM NOW is worse than the LAST time.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!
I agree with your article, but you already knew that.

You must exercise patience if you want long term dividends. I hope none of you that don't have patience are investors. Hah. Anyway, you have to be patient with kids, and at 21 and 22 years old, they are kids.
yep! comes a time when you got to let the chips ride and thats where we stand. The REAL problem IMO is that the Bulls were relying on the C's to bust out this season and as a result they took off the training wheels and they simply weren't ready. DOesn't make them bad people or bad basketball players, just still developing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good article. I agree with most of your points.

The only difference is that Brand/Miller/Artest had already put up impressive numbers when they were traded. So it was quite risky to trade a Brand for a Chandler just in case TC could become the next KG. However, 3 C's have done jack so far in this season and each one of them has huge question marks (Laziness of curry, back problem of TC, JC's attitude) while the only question mark of Brand was that he could not become TD/Shaq. I would trade any of 3'C if a young all-star is offered. I agree with you it is very unlikely that someone is going to offer us a marion or marbury for them. So, we just have to wait and pray for the miracles.:)

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>jsong</b>!
AS of now, WE are the worst team in NBA.

What could be more worse than the current team? WE can't be worse than the last time. And I say TEAM NOW is worse than the LAST time.
Actually Orlando is the worst team but just barely and I definitley see your point. The team now IS worse than last time. Because the players the main guys the Bulls are relying on are not nearly as far alog as the guys we were relying on last time. Still, the Bulls CAN get even worse and they can get worse in a way that sets back the ball club ANOTHER 5 years. They can do that by being impatient and pulling the trigger on something too quickly. What deals do you think are out there that are going to make us so much better?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I do not mind waiting another year on Tyson and Eddy but as far as I am concerned Jamal can go, the sooner the better. We have Kirk at PG we need a real SG or SF not a hybrid guard trying to play the 2.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Question:

Brand, Miller, Artest, Mercer were surrounded by the following guys:

Fizer, Crawford, Hoiberg, Drew, El-Amin, Benjamin, Ruffin, Tarlac, Voskuhl, Bagaric, Guyton

Curry, Chandler, and Crawford are surrounded by the following guys:

Fizer, AD, JYD, Hinrich, Gill, Dupree, Pippen, ERob, Blount, Brunson, Jeffries

----------------------------------------------------

Which group had the better supporting cast? I think it'd pretty clear that if you put the latter supporting cast with the former core, they'd be better. Likewise, the former supporting cast would make the current team even more woeful than it is now.

Old core, new supporting cast:
1- Hinrich, Pippen, Brunson
2- Mercer, Gill,
3- Artest, ERob, Dupree, Jeffries
4- Brand, JYD, Fizer
5- Miller, AD, Blount

vs.

New core, old supporting cast:
1- Crawford (now), Drew, El-Amin, Guyton
2- Hoiberg, Benjamin, Crawford (rookie)
3- ???
4- Chandler, Ruffin, Fizer (rookie)
5- Curry, Voskuhl, Bagaric, Tarlac

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to get the point. Our old core was better than our new core, but surrounded by a much crappier supporting cast. If we gave our new team as little help as we gave our old one, they'd be even worse than the old one. If we gave our old team as much help as we've given the new one, well, we might not have blown it up in the first place.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Very good point Mike, Hinrich and Brand would have been a lethal duo. Throw in Miller,Davis, and JYD in that frontline along with Mercer,Artest,Gill,Pippen,etc on the wings. Dang what a good team. Paxson is giving them every opportunity to succeed. Too bad it ain't working.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts