Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
While baseball should always be played on natural grass, what a big boost this is to an entire athletic program. Good news for a bunch of teams.

BU got its field turf upgrade at Nickerson Field a few years ago via the women's soccer league and both the soccer and women's lax teams have truly benefited.

Great for Hartford. Few things are better than the feeling a real home field give to the kids.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
"The players say there is a baseball climate on campus fueled by the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry, and that fans would come out for home games."

Looks like the Kool Aid recipe has flowed down the Connecticut River from Burlington with the flood waters this spring.

I'm as big a baseball fan as they come, but when it's 42 degrees on a Wednesday afternoon, I'm NOT going to sit and watch NU play Hartford, Vermont, ODU, VCO, or anyone. I can't see Hartford students doing it either.

Good for Hartford for getting an on campus baseball facility (and the other facilities for that matter). I never knew they didn't have one. I always thought in the post-Bagwell Era they had one. With a campus as big as theirs, I guess it was always assumed.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
NU Hoop Fan said:
Looks like the Kool Aid recipe has flowed down the Connecticut River from Burlington with the flood waters this spring.
That would be true if the Connecticut River flowed remotely close to Burlington.

I don't even know if UVM's ballfield is even ready to play on yet...I don't even know if they have had a home game, me and the rest of the state that is.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
It's good to see Hartford breaking ground on this new athletic complex. I feel that it is something that they really need. It's no secret that Hartford's athletic program (excluding womens hoops) has been struggling for the last few years. Hopefully, this will energize the athletic program and allow the teams that will use these fields to recruit better players. I'm especially happy to see the baseball program benefiting from this, because the conference loses Northeastern (this is the one NU program that I will be sad to see leave). We need the baseball programs that are left to step it up a notch, and this new field should allow Hartford to do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts