Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Mr. Serling. John Paxson here. Just had a great trade idea and I wanted to run it by you and get your feelings on it!

Chicago trades: PG Jay Williams (9.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 4.7 apg in 26.1 minutes)
2003 1st Round Lottery Pick

Chicago receives: SG Quentin Richardson (9.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 23.2 minutes)
SF Corey Maggette (16.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +16.7 ppg, +7.2 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

L.A. Clippers trades: SG Quentin Richardson (9.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 23.2 minutes)
SF Corey Maggette (16.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.3 minutes)

L.A. Clippers receives: PG Jay Williams (9.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 4.7 apg in 75 games)
2003 1st Round Lottery Pick

Change in team outlook: -16.7 ppg, -7.2 rpg, and +1.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and L.A. Clippers had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1016214

You get rid of a couple of players looking for new contracts, another lottery pick to play with and Jay Williams, who we feel is going to be a star (and the numbers back us up as he got better each month of his rookie year!) on his rookie salary for 3 more years! That's what you love Mr. Sterling, cheap players on extended contracts! Then with 2 lottery selections you could take Verejao or Lampje with one pick to replace Brand and someone like Hayes, Wade or Pietrus to replace Q & Magette with the other pick.

That would open the door for a sign & trade scenarios involving Brand and Miller to aquire even more talent. Mr. Sterling, you could load up on young prospects on their first contract for the next 2-4 years. The team will be young and exciting as usual and will challenge for the playoffs! And with Jay Williams on board, you will have a player with name recognition to fuel ticket sales and appearances on TNT and team merchandise sales.

What do you think?

:makeadeal

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I think you wasted alot of time on a crap post

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!
I think you wasted alot of time on a crap post
:stupid:

You guys think Jay Will. is going to be good, from watching you guys talk you could of fooled me.

How much games did you get shown on tv due to Jay's name recognition?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts