Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't think a coaching change would make a difference in the lousy play of Steve-"TO". His game is worthless if the refs are not calling fouls on his out of control drives to the rim where he either (a) hits a wild lucky shot, (b) actually completes a pass to an open teammate, (c) tosses the ball into the first row, or (d) throws up a wild shot then complains to the official about a no call while his man is running down the court for a clean dunk! I was very excited about having a PG this year but after seeing what we have in Francis I hope a new home is found for him in the off-season.

Dwight Howard needs to touch the ball every time down the court, PERIOD! Inside-out basketball is more productive than outside-in basketball. You would think Francis would have learned this from playing with Yao but I guess he was as hard headed as Van Guny said he is.

In my opinion, Steve Francis is the problem with this team. He is a HORRIBLE shooter, a cry-baby, and someone the Magic need to move on his way if they want to become a contender NEXT year. We have 1 first round pick and 2 second round picks, move Francis for either a PG or SG, use the first round pick on the best available (C or SG/PG) then either use the 2 second round picks to move up and get another best available at the other position or keep them and grab two guys who slip through the cracks. Weis nailed his first draft, let's nail a 2nd!

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
If it was up to me I would move Francis for a very good SG. With our lottery pick I would draft the best player available and maybe trade the 2 2nd rounders for a low first rounder. I would use the MLE on Swift or Chandler and move Howard to the center spot. Doing these things would give us a more balanced and deeper team IMO.

Oh and I would also hire a real HC. I'm tired of the scraps we have been getting. Time to throw some money at a guy like Jackson, Saunders or Musslemen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts