Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really liking those new NBA spots on ESPN. The first one I saw was with Wally, Dan Patrick, and David Stern. Funny stuff.

Saw a new one today with Jay Williams playing chess against Kenny Mayne (I think), and others in the commercial include Mike Dunleavy Jr., Baron Davis, and others. Not too bad.

I think ESPN is going to do a good job this season, and pick up where TNT left off. I wasn't a huge fan of TNT, but hopefully Kevin Harlan can find a spot on ESPN telecasts. He was/is the best they had.

VD

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the new NBA on ESPN commercials. Some favorite moments:
-David Stern waiting for the bathroom in his robewith pillow head
-Jay Williams playing chess w/ Kenny Mayne
-Mike Dunleavy chopping wood out back
And I love that the players are wearing their uniforms around the house. Funny stuff. Classic ESPN.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
any commercial with Kenny Mayne is hilarious.... have any of you seen those segments they do on NFL Countdown on Sunday from like 10CT-12CT they have a segment where kenny mayne just harrasses and asks the players stupid questions... the last one he did was with the Eagles (i think) and he was asking McNabb how to make pudding... funny stuff

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vin Diesel</b>!
I'm really liking those new NBA spots on ESPN. The first one I saw was with Wally, Dan Patrick, and David Stern. Funny stuff.

Saw a new one today with Jay Williams playing chess against Kenny Mayne (I think), and others in the commercial include Mike Dunleavy Jr., Baron Davis, and others. Not too bad.

I think ESPN is going to do a good job this season, and pick up where TNT left off. I wasn't a huge fan of TNT, but hopefully Kevin Harlan can find a spot on ESPN telecasts. He was/is the best they had.

VD
You are so right! Kevin Harlan, Danny Ainge, and John Thompson make a good team. I do think Harlan, Ainge, and Barkley would be the best team around, if Barkley and Kenny The Jet weren't joined at the hip.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Re: Re: new ESPN commercial

Originally posted by <b>RollWithEm</b>!

You are so right! Kevin Harlan, Danny Ainge, and John Thompson make a good team. I do think Harlan, Ainge, and Barkley would be the best team around, if Barkley and Kenny The Jet weren't joined at the hip.
If kevin harlan is who I think, whenever I heard his announcing I could have swore it was Marv Albert!!! Anyone else think they sound a LOT alike? Hopefully kevin doesn't bite? lol:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts