Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2030071

what a joke? Kansas not even considered a top 25 team? and Texas is on the 5th slot? Kansas to me is in the 18-25 range/. What does Texas has? Tucker who may not qualifed and aldridge who hardly played? why is even Iowa in the top 25? I spoke to some Iowa fans at work, and they thought it was a joke.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TonyM said:
Until the draft list is finalized, these things have zero worth.

exactly, so why would they make a top 25 already? come on

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Gonzaga at #6 sounds about right....

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I would put Texas and Oklahoma above Kansas.

Kansas is going to rely on a bunch of freshman.

Texas had Daniel Gibson as their best player, what should b a great frontcourt in Buckner/Aldridge, and an incoming HS AA in C.J. Miles. Oklahoma has a ton of experienced players and is very balanced, good backcourt and frontcourt.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
I am seriously considering removing Kansas from my top 25 (I had them around #18 I think in my first ranking), but after I sat back and thought about it the whole team is a bunch of question marks. There's not one freshmen who really impressed me last yrear, Nancy Giddens is a below average starter, and while the incoming class is awesome, I have always been tentative in moving a team's ranking up much because of its freshmen. They will probably be out of the top 25, or right on the border of it in my next rankings.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Overall, they did a good job.

The fact that Kansas is not in the top 25, adds to the quality of the article, because they are simply not name dropping in the rankings and actually looking what is on the team.

That being said SU's rep probably helped it getting in the top 25 undeservedly. But they do have one known quantity in GMac.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
kansasalumn said:

what a joke? Kansas not even considered a top 25 team? and Texas is on the 5th slot? Kansas to me is in the 18-25 range/. What does Texas has? Tucker who may not qualifed and aldridge who hardly played? why is even Iowa in the top 25? I spoke to some Iowa fans at work, and they thought it was a joke.
kansas loses simien, miles, and langford that were all huge for them.

texas gets tucker and aldridge back and they were a top 15 team with both of them this season. add in cj miles and aj abrams to take over in the backcourt for kenny taylor and sydmill harris. with mike williams, aldridge, and buckman, they really won't miss klotz. texas is a top 15 team next year. 5 is probably a little high to start the year, but they could definately get up there very early in the season.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
kansasalumn said:

Well they were Texas's two best players before they went out last year. Barnes has publicy said they would be back. I don't think they are a top 5 team as of yet but like Rockateer said. They could find there way up there at seasons end. I believe they are also in the running to get two solid juco guards.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Gambino said:
Well they were Texas's two best players before they went out last year. Barnes has publicy said they would be back. I don't think they are a top 5 team as of yet but like Rockateer said. They could find there way up there at seasons end. I believe they are also in the running to get two solid juco guards.
i'm not sure about best two, but tucker is what holds the team together and aldridge was really starting to play well. next year we should be looking at a lineup of(not including any more recruits texas might get):

pg - gibson/abrams/paulino
sg - miles/paulino
sf - tucker/dowell
pf - buckman/williams/tucker
c - aldridge/buckman

that gives texas a very solid 9 man rotation and really no major weakness. they'll have good post players, good shooting, good perimeter play, solid defenders everywhere, and depth in the front and backcourts.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Ghost said:
Dickie V's Ranking are worse.
you expected more? he hasn't had a coherent thought that hasn't been influenced by the ACC in years.

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts
rocketeer said:
i'm not sure about best two, but tucker is what holds the team together and aldridge was really starting to play well. next year we should be looking at a lineup of(not including any more recruits texas might get):

pg - gibson/abrams/paulino
sg - miles/paulino
sf - tucker/dowell
pf - buckman/williams/tucker
c - aldridge/buckman

that gives texas a very solid 9 man rotation and really no major weakness. they'll have good post players, good shooting, good perimeter play, solid defenders everywhere, and depth in the front and backcourts.
C.J. Miles wont start over Mike Williams.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
kansasalumn said:

Gibson and Tucker are by far better than anything Kansas has coming back. Kansas will be lucky to finish in the top 3 next year...I'm picking them 5th.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts