Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I posted this or not, but....

Jeff Farmer from The Morgan School in Clinton, CT (no Lewinsky jokes, please) has begun practicing with the Huskies after leaving La Salle after two and a half seasons.

Farmer, who is paying his own way at NU, started 12 games for LaSalle last year and averaged about 4 ppg.

I checked his stats, and he didn't set the world on fire at LaSalle. He's 6'5 and skinny, but can shoot the ball pretty well, from what I saw at practice the other day.

He'll have a season and a half of eligibility at NU.

I can't see him being more than a body off of the bench.

Professor, your thoughts?

·
Registered
400 Posts
NU can use some good kid's. With Barea and Barnes in the backcourt Farmer will be good. He'll make open shots. That is what he'll be at NU. A shooter! Solid player who was in over his head in the A-10.

I see him getting 10ppg for NU and being a starter! Good pick-up and he's a good person.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NU Hoop Fan</b>!
I'm not sure if I posted this or not, but....

Jeff Farmer from The Morgan School in Clinton, CT (no Lewinsky jokes, please) has begun practicing with the Huskies after leaving La Salle after two and a half seasons.

Farmer, who is paying his own way at NU, started 12 games for LaSalle last year and averaged about 4 ppg.

I checked his stats, and he didn't set the world on fire at LaSalle. He's 6'5 and skinny, but can shoot the ball pretty well, from what I saw at practice the other day.

He'll have a season and a half of eligibility at NU.

I can't see him being more than a body off of the bench.

Professor, your thoughts?

Wow that's a great pickup. I've seen him play numerous times during his high school career. The kid is kind of lanky but he can seriously score. He is also known as a good kid. That is a very good pickup!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Don't get too excited about him. Major drop off at the small forward spot from Javorie Wilson to Farmer. Everybody at Maine was so excited to get Markwood from Notre Dame and he is just average and Markwood is better than Farmer.

Farmer's younger brother who is in prep school and who signed early with Marist is better than his older brother without question.

Older Farmer is an open shooter who needs strength. Once again, a piece of the puzzle. NOthing special!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umm, isn't that what I said?

Hey Czar, in one post you say
PHP:
Solid player who was in over his head in the A-10.

I see him getting 10ppg for NU and being a starter! Good pick-up and he's a good person.

Then you say...[QUOTE]Once again, a piece of the puzzle. NOthing special! 

Can you make up your mind please???

·
Registered
229 Posts
Was he the one on the bench in the blue dress shirt and khakis on sunday? When he is projected to start getting some PT. Sounds like a decent addition for something that didnt cost NU much...We can always use depth on this team.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was the tall skinny kid in the blue dress shirt and khakis, real long sideburns, looks like he's about 16 years old.

He has to sit until the end of the first semester next year, then he's eligible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts