8,634 Posts
Re: New Interior Design for Nets Brooklyn Arena

Barely beat me to it.

MERGING TIME!

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is all good. The arena is starting to look like something very very special, an architectural landmark, not just the world's most expensive arena.

And this has been a VERY good week for Ratner. $66 million for infrastructure improvements already approved by the State, another $34 million likely...and the plan hasnt even been approved. The New York Times article which essentially pointed out that the number of people to be displaced is in the dozens and that those who have been bought out are happy with their deals, etc., etc.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
uptown4784 said:
We should go on Strike!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like the movie they made of Knicks, with Whoppie Goldberg. I forgot name of it
Are you talking about Eddie?

That movie had nothing to do with strikes. The team just sucked and came under new ownership and the new owner knew how to draw money so he hired a fan (Whoopi) to coach the Knicks.

The most priceless was Dwayne Schintzius playing some overseas import named Ivan.

Ivan take charge!

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FullMetalAlchemist said:
looks very nice.......but is Ratner sure the team will go to brooklyn? are they pretty much moving or are the protests from citizens and city officials still fighting back?
The opposition, I believe, has peaked and when the State Senate voted for the aid, only one senator voted against it. Lawsuits could slow it down, but I think the chances of it being built are about 75%.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.