Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nba.com/nets/news/collins_innernets.html

Defensively, Jason is as good as they get,” said Head Coach Lawrence Frank. “Everyone has their role. When he’s open, he shoots. He doesn’t force shots that aren’t there. You can’t always have five scorers on the floor. ‘Twin’ does a great job of knowing who he is and playing to the best of his ability.”

And in February, Collins did have his game going on all cylinders. Just before the All-Star break, he was superb against Tim Duncan, Kenyon Martin, Kevin Garnett and Chris Webber, holding each of them below their scoring average. Later in the month, against Charlotte, Collins held Emeka Okafor to six points on 3-for-10 shooting. Not bad for a guy who does ‘the little things.’

“Jason is one of the most underrated players in the league,” said Frank. “He’s an underrated leader. You can always count on him. You couldn’t ask for a better guy to have on your team.”

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetsRoll said:
http://www.nba.com/nets/news/collins_innernets.html

Defensively, Jason is as good as they get,” said Head Coach Lawrence Frank. “Everyone has their role. When he’s open, he shoots. He doesn’t force shots that aren’t there. You can’t always have five scorers on the floor. ‘Twin’ does a great job of knowing who he is and playing to the best of his ability.”

And in February, Collins did have his game going on all cylinders. Just before the All-Star break, he was superb against Tim Duncan, Kenyon Martin, Kevin Garnett and Chris Webber, holding each of them below their scoring average. Later in the month, against Charlotte, Collins held Emeka Okafor to six points on 3-for-10 shooting. Not bad for a guy who does ‘the little things.’

“Jason is one of the most underrated players in the league,” said Frank. “He’s an underrated leader. You can always count on him. You couldn’t ask for a better guy to have on your team.”
He's still kinda overpaid... Good thing is Ratner locked him up early before changing his mind. Just hope that this signing doesn't effect others and his desire (Ratner's) to spend money.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Collins is a valuable role player. Let's get him on the bench where he belongs. He'd go from being an almost starter, to a great bench player. Would be good for both him and the team. We'd have alot fewer problems w/ our bench if we could get Collins on there as the first guy off of it.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i love twin like everyone else, but besides being over paid like petey said- i dont think he is that great of a player. yes he does the little things like boxing out and taking charges, but he cant make a freakin layup if someone is near him. if he could do that and develope a hook shot he would really more of a solid player.

i also say he should be on the bench. assuming we get stro/sar in the offseason,we know one of those guys would be our starting pf. that means that either twin or curly has to sit. i think curly should start for obvious reasons,but i just have a feeling that the coaching staff has so much loyalty towards twin, so much respect and love him so much that i really cant see him coming off the bench. this is also a reason why maybe rod won't get stro/sar, bc coaches will have a bias towards collins and dont want to have krstic coming off the bench bc he is obviously a special player. we could pick up like a marshall for our bench, but i hope our coaches realize that we need someone more athletic in the 4 position and twin can help our 2nd squad with leadership and defense. not to mention taking curlys spot when he gets in early foul trouble and basically ends up playing more minutes like a starter.

Reactions: ToddMacCulloch11

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
NetsanityJoe said:
i love twin like everyone else, but besides being over paid like petey said- i dont think he is that great of a player. yes he does the little things like boxing out and taking charges, but he cant make a freakin layup if someone is near him. if he could do that and develope a hook shot he would really more of a solid player.

i also say he should be on the bench. assuming we get stro/sar in the offseason,we know one of those guys would be our starting pf. that means that either twin or curly has to sit. i think curly should start for obvious reasons,but i just have a feeling that the coaching staff has so much loyalty towards twin, so much respect and love him so much that i really cant see him coming off the bench. this is also a reason why maybe rod won't get stro/sar, bc coaches will have a bias towards collins and dont want to have krstic coming off the bench bc he is obviously a special player. we could pick up like a marshall for our bench, but i hope our coaches realize that we need someone more athletic in the 4 position and twin can help our 2nd squad with leadership and defense. not to mention taking curlys spot when he gets in early foul trouble and basically ends up playing more minutes like a starter.
I don't think loyalty to Twin would keep the Nets from pursuing a legitimate starting PF, and if it does, Rod should be fired. I also think that Krstic is destined for the starting C spot. The way they are force feeding him the ball in the post to start games is a big indication to me that they are planning on making him a HUGE part of the team's strategy.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
SeaNet said:
I don't think loyalty to Twin would keep the Nets from pursuing a legitimate starting PF, and if it does, Rod should be fired. I also think that Krstic is destined for the starting C spot. The way they are force feeding him the ball in the post to start games is a big indication to me that they are planning on making him a HUGE part of the team's strategy.
yeah agree. but for some reason i always have a tendency to think about the downside to things, i guess just so i dont get my hopes up too high.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts