Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was this the diffference?

I am not sure but it sure looked good to me.
I still think that Ruben is ready to start-that is the only difference I would make.

Sheed
Q
DA
Zach
Damon

·
Registered
990 Posts
I thought Q did well in the starting lineup.

He was rather productive and played descent defense on Peja. He provides a good defensive rebounding presence at SF as well as the potential to make the outside shot (he is also an additional ball handler and one of the teams top post feeders). His problem remains foul trouble.

I like what Rubin brings off the bench (it serves as a nice change of pace). He should play more minutes then Woods however.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Maybe that scoring SF who can play D with a bit of an outside shot has been riding the bech all this time and was our property all along..

Q

Now with a win, this lineup might start to look a bit brighter

I would counter with this...

PG McInnis, Damon
SG DA, Person
SF Woods, Patterson
PF Randolph, Davis, Outlaw
C Wallace, Stepania, Boomtje

Patterson and Person off the bench. Davis can reduce his minutes and backup Zach at the PF spot, his natural position.

NOTE: I really liked Q at the PG spot the other night though. His entry passes were delivered fast, not with 5 seconds left on the clock.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I also think patterson should start over woods. I mean patterson dosn't even start but still gets more playing time over Q

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
NOTE: I really liked Q at the PG spot the other night though. His entry passes were delivered fast, not with 5 seconds left on the clock.
In last nights game he often (he only played 15 minutes) brought the ball up while Damon and Anderson worked of the baselines (he seemed to be playing a point forward type role).

·
Registered
990 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Son of Bintim</b>!
I also think patterson should start over woods. I mean patterson dosn't even start but still gets more playing time over Q
It is not necessarily in the best interest of a team to start all of its best players.

The lift that Patterson provides off the bench I doubt Woods can. For that reason I believe it to be in the teams best interest to bring Patterson off the bench (even though he plays the bulk of the minutes).

------

Woods is a better compliment in the starting rotation to the post presences off Zach and Wallace (to boot).

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Yeah, I like Q in the lineup if he can hold up... getting the kid some guaranteed minutes to start the game should really help him develop over the course of the season as well.

I would fall in love with the lineup if Jeff were in it and not Damon, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Maybe after the trading deadline if they haven't gotten rid of Damon, they'll finally bench him?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yep, I like the lineup as well. This will give Q some b-ball experience that he needs. Steve Jones stated something like that a few times during the game. I would rather see J-Mac than Damon as well. Damon can't guard anyone and is a liability on defense. Bibby could have had his way with Damon all night.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
To me having Q in the starting lineup as the Point Forward was the difference maker in the game. The numbers won't show it, his PT won't show it.

What it did was establish the pace of the game for the Blazers, whicj IMO has been the sorest spot. Q brought the ball upcourt Setup the offense and away they went with very little time loss, it was very affective and used Damon and Derek to the best of their abilities.

Ohh yeah Sheed at Center worked very well too. Only team that really work against is LAL, when Shaq is healthy at least.

Great win!! I won't be jumping on the playoff bandwagon though until they can string together a decent stretch of 10 games or so going better than .500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts