Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In todays game against dallas cleveland was struggling through the 3rd quarter with Gooden and Traylor getting ejected with 53 second remaining. The 3rd quarter ended with Cavs up by just 1. In the 4 quarter Cavs came out with a completly different lineup.

James PG
Ilgauskas C
Varejao PF
Newble SF
Pavlovic SG

The Cavs exploded in the 4th quarter and won the game 100-80.
It seems this new lineup was very productive with all the plays being run through James at PG.

Do you think Cavs should start with this lineup in the future?

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
I liked what I saw with James at PG, but by playing him there your asking Bron to be the primary scorer, ballhandler, and passer while at the same time defending opposing PG's half his size.

That's too much for even possibly James. I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup similar to that down the stretch of games however. Sasha/AV definitely need to be in there down the stretch and depending on matchups you can go with Newble/Gooden/Jiri with them and i'd be happy with it.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
That's the fourth quarter lineup. But I don't know about starting with that. And I have qualms with just benching Drew, considering he has been playing fantastic ball.

When you have two frontcourt players as young and as good as AV and Gooden, then Traylor should never touch the floor.

And with Newble and Pav, Harris should never get run either.

And I like not seeing Mcinnis playing.

Finish the season with Mcinnis, Harris, and Traylor racking up DNP-CD's and that will be a step.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I wonder how many N.B.A. head coaches McGinnis can piss off in his career. I think he's working on his 4th or 5th now. This could be his last year in this league unless he can convince another team that he is not a headcase.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Lebron can't be asked to do everything. He is a very good passer but I wouldn't want him to also have to be the point guard now. His minutes should be count down a little bit as the coach is over playing him. I understand winning now is important but I wouldn't want to expose Lebron to dead legs.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
THe point of the last couple of games is that AV and Sasha need to play a TON more. Frankly the way Gooden has been excelling lately we need to see AV and Gooden more playing together. I would be happy if Tractor and Harris saw no minutes from now on and they went to the younger guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts