Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,157 Posts
That’s awesome Albany let a 7yr old design its new logo; is that part of a program with local elementary schools or was it part of a contest?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I liked the old one better. This one, with the flat spot on the top of the head and the un-natural ears, kind of makes me cringe. I really like dogs and I hate it when they look like they are in pain.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I like the Albany/New York State logo. The dog almost looks like a vampire bat. It’s slightly better against the yellow background but the Dane design just doesn’t do it for me.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
I immediately saw football goal posts...maybe that is what they were going for? I guess they had a lot of free time on their hands lately. I don't know, not really a fan.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I like the Albany/New York State logo. The dog almost looks like a vampire bat. It’s slightly better against the yellow background but the Dane design just doesn’t do it for me.
Agreed. Love any logo using a state outline; the dog and the rest are no better than what they had.

I guess you could also say the wordmark is an improvement, only because it is slightly unique.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Can't unsee the goalposts now. Thanks guys.
LOL, same here. Brutal.

And by brutal, I am referring to not being able to unsee the goal posts, not the logos themselves. Just to be clear.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
I kinda like it? At least it isn't cookie cutter like all the schools that hired the same design firm as Providence and UMass.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The workmark is good, while not new (it's been on the football helmet and the front of the hoops jerseys for a couple of years). I just don't like the "branding technique" of adding a U in front of something and pretending it's a word.

·
Gr8t Dane
709 Posts
I don't think it's that bad. Did UA fans have a chance to give feedback on the new design?
Not that I know of. The crazy part is some fans created a change.org petition about the new logo because of the cropped ears on the Great Dane in the logo. I hate this world and cancel culture now.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not that I know of. The crazy part is some fans created a change.org petition about the new logo because of the cropped ears on the Great Dane in the logo. I hate this world and cancel culture now.
Man, petitions against cropped ears really get my blood boiling. The nerve of some people to have opinions!

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
People opposed to "cancel culture" are whining that other people think they are assholes. "I should be allowed to do or say whatever I want, and no one has the right to tell me I am wrong!"

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Is everything not getting a little ridiculous now? I mean, there is a group of professors that want to change the name of Rupp Arena.

Reactions: benchwarmer
1 - 20 of 21 Posts