Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Somebody might give you bad contracts for him (I think Houston tried to do Lin and Asik for him this past year, which actually would have made Brooklyn better), but by giving up all those picks and the pick swap to Boston for a year of KG and Pierce, plus the lingering pick swap next year from the Joe Johnson trade, they've taken any incentive to hit reset away. At this point I don't think they can do anything but double down on still-productive guys with iffy contracts. Maybe if Houston's still willing to do that Lin/Asik trade you can pick them up and then finagle a three-way trade where a team with cap space takes Lopez while Brooklyn gets a pick or two and absorbs one of Boozer or Josh Smith to be their power forward?
I agree that any way you slice it, its a tough sell. Would be pretty funny to see Brooklyn trade for Josh Smith like you proposed though.

"This team is underachieving. Lets bring in Josh Smith to fix this." - Words that should be uttered by no one.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Word on the street is that Anthony Davis is up to 237lbs and has been doing work in the weight room.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts