Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had heard George Steinbrenner, my dad tol me this. I think he read it in the Akron newspaper (Akron Beacon-Jounral??). I don't know if it has any truth or not. Evidetally George grew up in Ohio.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
i think

that Steinbrenner and Kosar have other interests in mind, and I'm not sure Lerner would be that interested UNLESS he knew he could make a profit.

I was wondering if a corporation could buy the team.... someone like Sohio - isn't their headquarters still in Clev? Or some big investment firm etc.... if some business with roots in Cleveland/Akron?Ohio bought the team, they would want a winner to be able to take their clients to see.

Another fading possibility is a millionaire from the Akron/Bath area... Jim Oslenger (not sure how to spell his name). He owns Oak Associates, a 401k investment business, and prior to the market crashing and dropping, the dude was making gobs of $. He gave Akron U millions, and also to other charity type stuff. I'm not sure if there is some hidden rich guy (or gal) in the area, or living elsewheres with ties to Clev. SOmeone once mentioned Drew Carey, but I don't think he is rich enough.... too bad...

boy, do we need a Mark Cuban, or a Paul Allen (Portland) type owner........

(note to self: spend $2 on the Mega-Millions lottery game):p

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dairy Mart!

The Dairy Mart world offices are right outside Cleveland :grinning:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
lol

kinda fits our luck, huh! Maybe we could get Arthur Anderson to balance the payroll too! Worldcom could be our communications link, and Enron can be in charge of upper management decisions.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts