Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took a nice and expect jump up too 5th place. But notice the teams that around us, the Clippers who are 4th and we face Monday i do believe at home after the Timberwolves game. And then the 6th place team is the Pacers and we all know when that game is. This will be our true test, also a side note Grizz and Wiz are up there and we spanked them.

2005-06 Power Rankings: Week 3

RANK (LAST WK) TEAM REC. COMMENT
1 (1) Pistons 8-1 Every team has two or three games per season like Saturday's in Dallas. You can stomach it a little easier when you show up for that nightmare undefeated.

2 (2) Spurs 8-2 Finley is back, Ginobili is healing and Spurs' Saturday hex is over. But there's no change at the top because Pistons get same one-loss grace period Spurs got.

3 (6) Mavericks 7-2 After spanking Spurs and Pistons, Mavs are up here on merit. Not because a procession of locals, including Sam The Locker-Room Attendant, hunted me down Saturday night to lobby for a top-three slot.

4 (7) Clippers 8-2 There's no shortage of skeptics saying this can't last, and maybe they're right. Or maybe this is the playoff year Mr. Brand, one of the good guys, has long deserved.

5 (10) Cavaliers 8-2 :banana: Cavs haven't lost a home game. They've won three in a row on the road. In other words, an LBJ squad is finally living up to the hype. :cheers:

6 (12) Grizzlies 7-4 Grizz need only one more win this month to set a franchise record for November victories. So, yes, addition by subtraction is working so far.

7 (5) Pacers 6-3 I know I said even the best teams have a few nightmares every season, but you still struggle to fathom how a team this talented could lose by 32 at Charlotte. Only the struggles of other top-10 regulars prevented steeper punishment.

8 (3) Wizards 5-4 You know by now that we dispute the existence of a Power Rankings jinx. Wiz fans, though, will be pardoned for their jinx e-mails after being forced to toast their historic rise to No. 3 with three straight road defeats.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
This upcoming stretch will determine whether our ranking solidifies or drops. Our schedule has been favorable thus far, allowing the team to get some wins and come together as a unit. But these tough games coming up will show if we are true contenders or pretenders.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
It's really a question of home and away for this team. We have to learn to play better on the road to be a true contender.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
ehh..kind of a smart *** remark by Stein there, "finally an LBJ team is living up to its hype"

But nonetheless it's nice to see us jump up in the rankings. These upcoming games will definitely let us know where we stand.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Benedict_Boozer said:
ehh..kind of a smart *** remark by Stein there, "finally an LBJ team is living up to its hype"
Sometimes Ohio teams in general get that kind of treatment. There was some article I read a while back that threw in the "at least it's not Cleveland," and "the weather sucks there" barb. I'm actually used to it by now.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well with this loss to Indy we will probably move down. We definetly are a much better team at the Q. They shouldnt be scared when they play on the road.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
It's really a question of home and away for this team. We have to learn to play better on the road to be a true contender.
100% agreed! If we get good on the road, we will be one of the ''elite'' teams in the NBA.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
Yep we will be sliding right down the rankings and deservedly so until we figure out how to avoid getting embarassed on the road by good teams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts