Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hmmmm, they say that Kaman is the Clippers most effective big man - I would say that Brand might be a touch better.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Whoever puts those rankings together clearly pays attention to just stats and nothing else.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bolts</b>!
Hmmmm, they say that Kaman is the Clippers most effective big man - I would say that Brand might be a touch better.
:laugh: i was thinking the same thing...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
Whoever puts those rankings together clearly pays attention to just stats and nothing else.
Which player's rankings do you have problems with?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
id say Kirk at number 3 is about right. If wade plays, call it a toss up. Wade puts up nicer stats for a slightly better team. But i still think Kirks game translates to wins more

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
id say Kirk at number 3 is about right. If wade plays, call it a toss up. Wade puts up nicer stats for a slightly better team. But i still think Kirks game translates to wins more
:laugh:

Wade is BETTER then Kirk!!!

Bottom Line!!!

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Well ofcourse your going to say that. and ofcourse I am going to say Kirk. stats wise, your right. But at the end of the day, if either get a chance to win a title, i think its fairly obvious that guy is going to be Kirk. Just my 2 cents

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Good company for Hinrich to keep.

Barbosa is creeping up on him though. Was 28th a week ago. Now he's no. 5. Pretty good for a guy who was drafted in the lower part of the first round. Maybe we should have traded down?

Considering how deep this draft appears to have been in the PG position, could Paxson have traded down, and got a guy who was only a few levels lower than Hinrich AND someone else?

It appears so.

5 PG's in the top 10 on this list.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!

:laugh:

Wade is BETTER then Kirk!!!

Bottom Line!!!
Nice logic.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
well wade had like 6 20 point games in a row before he got injured.....he was really startin to shine even more than before and we were winning....

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
well wade had like 6 20 point games in a row before he got injured.....he was really startin to shine even more than before and we were winning....
I love the logic of some people. This is not directed at you Wadecaroneddie. Some people just sit there all day and talk about how many pts a guys gets, or dimes (where did that term come from?), or rebs. Everyone is a stats guy. But what about reality? Its what a guy does on the court. its taking a charge, or getting to a loose ball that wins games. Purvis Short averaged mid 20s for a nearly half a dozen years, while guys like Michael Cooper and Bobby Jones were winning titles. I wonder if Jerry Sichting were considered lesser players then Dominique Wilkins? Stats dont tell the whole story, yet everyone is obsessed with them. Yesterday, watching the UConn game, Okafor had 9 blks. He could have had zero. But the way he played changed the game. Kirk changes the game. Does Wade? i dont know. He puts up lots of pts and is athletic, but can he slide over and guard 2 spots effectively? Can he knock down a clutch 3? Can he play 42 minutes a night? Can he get other people involved? Can he get to nearly every loose ball? I dont know. But I do know one thing. kirk does. Maybe Kirk isnt the razzle dazzle allstar. He isnt some sleek model of a player. He is a geeky looking kid whose game equals wins. And Id rather have that then some guy who can put up alot of pts. That isnt a dig on Wade. But rather a dig on alot of players in the NBA who think me first.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts

I love the logic of some people. This is not directed at you Wadecaroneddie. Some people just sit there all day and talk about how many pts a guys gets, or dimes (where did that term come from?), or rebs. Everyone is a stats guy. But what about reality? Its what a guy does on the court. its taking a charge, or getting to a loose ball that wins games. Purvis Short averaged mid 20s for a nearly half a dozen years, while guys like Michael Cooper and Bobby Jones were winning titles. I wonder if Jerry Sichting were considered lesser players then Dominique Wilkins? Stats dont tell the whole story, yet everyone is obsessed with them. Yesterday, watching the UConn game, Okafor had 9 blks. He could have had zero. But the way he played changed the game. Kirk changes the game. Does Wade? i dont know. He puts up lots of pts and is athletic, but can he slide over and guard 2 spots effectively? Can he knock down a clutch 3? Can he play 42 minutes a night? Can he get other people involved? Can he get to nearly every loose ball? I dont know. But I do know one thing. kirk does. Maybe Kirk isnt the razzle dazzle allstar. He isnt some sleek model of a player. He is a geeky looking kid whose game equals wins. And Id rather have that then some guy who can put up alot of pts. That isnt a dig on Wade. But rather a dig on alot of players in the NBA who think me first.
well, with taking charges, if they took track of that, wade would be one of the tops in the league. Thats how he injured his hip before. He does go for every loose ball, which like i just said, he puts his body on the line doing so. I have watched Hinrich play and see all the extra he does that doesnt show up in the stat book, but Wade does equally as many. Wade won defensive player of the year last year in college and gets lots of blocks by guarding the other teams pg. And likei said before, before wade got injured, we were winning. Without him on the court in this last stretch, we have been 1-3, with our only win coming vs ORL which shouldnt even count. Yes, I agree Hinrich does lots of intangibles with gritty defense, huge effort, and lots of little things that dont show up in the stat book, but the same could easily be said for wade. With him on the court we win, and thats whats important. Before he got injured, he was our best player at the time leading us to victories

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!

well, with taking charges, if they took track of that, wade would be one of the tops in the league. Thats how he injured his hip before. He does go for every loose ball, which like i just said, he puts his body on the line doing so. I have watched Hinrich play and see all the extra he does that doesnt show up in the stat book, but Wade does equally as many. Wade won defensive player of the year last year in college and gets lots of blocks by guarding the other teams pg. And likei said before, before wade got injured, we were winning. Without him on the court in this last stretch, we have been 1-3, with our only win coming vs ORL which shouldnt even count. Yes, I agree Hinrich does lots of intangibles with gritty defense, huge effort, and lots of little things that dont show up in the stat book, but the same could easily be said for wade. With him on the court we win, and thats whats important. Before he got injured, he was our best player at the time leading us to victories
I havent seen enough to disagree with this. And like i said, my rant wasnt really directed at Wade, as much as it was directed at guys like Antawn Jamison or Steve Francis for instance. But when I see Wade, I see Kendall Gill. I just dont know why. Thats not a bad thing. But the similarities are there. If wade develops a consistent long shot, then that comparison is crap. But that has to be the next step in Wades career. He seems like the type of worker who will give it his best

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts

I havent seen enough to disagree with this. And like i said, my rant wasnt really directed at Wade, as much as it was directed at guys like Antawn Jamison or Steve Francis for instance. But when I see Wade, I see Kendall Gill. I just dont know why. Thats not a bad thing. But the similarities are there. If wade develops a consistent long shot, then that comparison is crap. But that has to be the next step in Wades career. He seems like the type of worker who will give it his best
Gill was held back more by his attitude than his ability in his career. He was a bundle of emotional problems for much of his career.

I don't think that's going to be a problem with Wade.

It's like comparing Melo to Big Dog. Yes there's a comparison. But the reason why the players they are compared to didn't do much was not because of the talent they had. But by their mental game.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Just to chime in, I'm a big Kirk fan, but I'd rather have Wade. Wade looks amazing on offense. He has potential to shoot from range, he has a killin' first step, he scores with comfort, and he's actually a natural 2 guard rlucas. Also, he's not quite Kirk on D, but he's very close. An underrated defender. And yet another model citizen like Kirk. Wade is the 3rd best player in this draft right now, Kirk #4 IMO.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
Just to chime in, I'm a big Kirk fan, but I'd rather have Wade. Wade looks amazing on offense. He has potential to shoot from range, he has a killin' first step, he scores with comfort, and he's actually a natural 2 guard rlucas. Also, he's not quite Kirk on D, but he's very close. An underrated defender. And yet another model citizen like Kirk. Wade is the 3rd best player in this draft right now, Kirk #4 IMO.
So was Hersey Hawkins. Id rather have a guy who can play a couple of spots then a one trick pony. But hey, thats me

·
Registered
8,438 Posts

So was Hersey Hawkins. Id rather have a guy who can play a couple of spots then a one trick pony. But hey, thats me
Aw Rlucas, don't EVEN! Hersey never had the first step, the athleticism, the defense, or the All Star potential of Wade. Hersey was exceptional at one thing: shooting.

But Hersey NEVER had a year like Wade's rookie year has been. Please. I'll disagree with you big time on this one.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

Aw Rlucas, don't EVEN! Hersey never had the first step, the athleticism, the defense, or the All Star potential of Wade. Hersey was exceptional at one thing: shooting.

But Hersey NEVER had a year like Wade's rookie year has been. Please. I'll disagree with you big time on this one.
I see Kendall Gill. Super athletic kid from Chicago. Pure 2 guard. 6-4/6-5ish. Pretty good defensive player. Now here is the fork in the road. As of right now, neither guy has great range. Gill never developed a jump shot and time wore him down to a journeyman 2. If wade doesnt develop a J, which I dont know if he will or wont, that is exactly what he will be because he wont be as quick and athletic in 5 or 6 years as he is now. If he develops a J, then he is one of the great 2 guards of the NBA. Will he develop it or not? Who knows. But i am a pessimist. Lets remember that Gill had some quality early in the league until teams figured out how to play him.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts