Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here are the top six mid-majors according the "new" RPI

10 (Gonzaga)
17 Southern Illinois
22 Pacific
26 (Vermont)
29 St. Mary's
32 Nevada

Fyi, my definition of mid-major is any school other then the BCS conferences and C-USA. That's why I put Gonzaga in there as a mid-major.

hmmmmm, maybe that new-RPI is not as "screwed up" as the major media likes to think it is.......

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hoopcat,

Thanks for the latest numbers. Congratulations on an exciting win last night! Hope you guys go a long way. The numbers you cite for VT indicate that a win on Sunday is certainly very plausible.

I used to have the RPI site bookmarked, but I have since lost it. Can you please post the site where you received your info? Thanks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
UAalum72,

Thanks for your information. I had forgotten about Pomeroy's RPI ratings. (I usually look at only his own ratings.)

I think I was trying to find Warrren Nolan's ratings, but I was having a difficult time trying to search for his site. (I guess I am web-challenged lately.)

Anyway, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sboydell said:
where's Louisville??

EDITED sorry how come C-usa is not considered a mid-major
I consider the C-USA a major basketball conference, but of course like anything, that is up for debate.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
C-USA is definitely a high-major conference.

I consider the following conferences high-major:

Big East, ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, Conference USA, Pac-10, Atlantic 10, Mountain West

·
Registered
341 Posts
Will said:
C-USA is definitely a high-major conference.

I consider the following conferences high-major:

Big East, ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, Conference USA, Pac-10, Atlantic 10, Mountain West
National Television contracts usually dictate this too. Although, Mountain west lost their contract with ESPN to the WCC next season.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
I don't know about the A-10......VERY down this year (1 and done in the NCAA Tounrey!) Historically, yes they would be considered a major......but that status is very tenuous IMHO, although the addition of Charlotte next season should help them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts