·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Peter Vescey, 'nuff said.

·
Registered
18 Posts
PLEASE DON'T!!

The Wolves are playing well and developing a chemistry for the future. While only 3-2 their only 2 losses could have as well been victories. Seeing how the team interacts with each other after good plays and games it shows a togetherness we haven't seen for a long time. Bringing back Marbury could be disaster. He is very talented, but as much a headcase or worse than Cassell. He has destroyed the chemistry of every team he has been with and demanded a trade from the Wolves once because he couldn't play second to KG. We DON'T need him doing us in another time.

·
Registered
340 Posts
fishpepin said:
He has destroyed the chemistry of every team he has been with and demanded a trade from the Wolves once because he couldn't play second to KG.
Is that what it was? I've always thought that it had something to do with the fact that KG got a huge payday and he didn't. Either way though, I don't think I want him either. He's got all the talent in the world, and his statlines are always ridiculous (in a good way), but he's just not a winner. And the fact that he's gotten himself run off of every team he's played with has to say something. I think that trading for a good, strong guard would definitely be beneficial to the team, but the main focus still has to be on getting some decent help in the post. I like Griffin on the team, and what he does, but it's just not enough help for KG. But since we're talking about guards here, if I'm choosing between two PG's that I'm not a fan of, I take Steve Francis over Marbs.

Oh yeah...the next time Peter Vescey reports something that is true will be the first time.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Stephon Marbury is what? 28 or 29 years old? The man is a veteran NBA player who acts like a cocky rookie. He proclaims himself as the best point guard in the NBA when he hasn't sniffed an NBA championship in his career. The guy is basically the Terrell Owens of the NBA.

Sure, he is a great player. But to trade for Marbury, which I'm assuming would take quite a bit of depth off our charts, we would be taking a large gamble. Well, not really a gamble, since we know that we'll get a 20/8 PG who will bring in a cancerous attitude and an extremely large head onto the team.

I like the idea of having Jaric the Wolves PG for 6 years, actually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts