Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is simple:

Which teams, if any, can realistically compete with the Thunder and/or Heat when they go small?

PG Westbrook
SG Harden
SF Sefolosha
PF Durant
C Ibaka

and

PG Chalmers
SG Wade
SF Battier (or Ray Allen, I guess)
PF Lebron
C Bosh

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
or they can try to match up by sitting Gasol and bringing in Jamison or Meeks (and moving Metta to PF)

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nets might go small a lot, Williams/Brooks/Johnson/Wallace/Lopez
I was thinking Humphries instead of Lopez in that line-up. It would speed things up a bit and make them a bit tougher as well.

What about the Celtics? Isn't their starting line-up actually small ball with Garnett/Bass/Pierce/Bradley/Rondo?

Also, I like the Bulls' new small ball possibilities with DRose back and Hinrich in the fold. Rose/Hinrich/Rip/Deng/Noah. Wouldn't that be tough to stop?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
The Lakers?

Gasol and Howard will rip through either front court.
Yeah if I'm the Lakers and either of those teams do that I put Gasol on Sefolsha/Battier and Metta on Lebron/Durant. Lakers have a huge mismatch offensively and aren't any worse off defensively.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Knicks!
Felton
J.r or Novak
Shumpert
Melo
Amare or Chandler.

Knicks can match up with anyone if everyone buys in and stays healthy.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Howard
Odom
Artest
Bryant
Nash
Eh?

Knicks!
Felton
J.r or Novak
Shumpert
Melo
Amare or Chandler.

Knicks can match up with anyone if everyone buys in and stays healthy.
Melo and Amare don't emphasize enough focus defensively, so that won't work out very well.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Everyone knows Odom is going to come back. The extra long offseason was a disaster for someone with a sweet tooth. Plus its obvious his wife doesn't make healthy food. He will be fine this season.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everyone knows Odom is going to come back. The extra long offseason was a disaster for someone with a sweet tooth. Plus its obvious his wife doesn't make healthy food. He will be fine this season.
Yeah, but...

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Why would the Lakers want him back?? They have Gasol at the starting position and they have Jaminson as back up. There. Two former all stars who can still score well at PF, where as Odom was horrible last year and wasn't anywhere near the player he use to be. His stats dropped more than double the amount in both rebounding and scoring. Lakers aren't going to waste their time on a guy they randomly traded away for a second round pick.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Lol, isn't this the same poster who last year said guys like Andrew Bynum should cross the picket line even though the players weren't on strike? I'll see if I can archivist the thread.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
friend, Lamar is a Clipper

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Lol massive brain fart......

Wasn't even thinking. Oh well that's what happens when our backpacking through Europe and constantly affected by alcohol.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Oh and I didn't totally understand the lockout as in Australia what the owners did would be completely illegal.

I thought the players were on strike. Meh I don't put too much thought into these posts most the time. Too busy with life. Mostly just say what I'm thinking at the time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you are saying small lineup vs. small . I would go with BK: Taylor or brooks, Williams, Johnson, Wallace and Humphries or Lopez, and the Bulls

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Oh and I didn't totally understand the lockout as in Australia what the owners did would be completely illegal.

I thought the players were on strike. Meh I don't put too much thought into these posts most the time. Too busy with life. Mostly just say what I'm thinking at the time.
I guess technically the owners/teams locked out the players, but it was basically mutual. No CBA = no basketball. And both parties were guilty of causing it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts