Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what season will the Lakers next win the championship and how many years does Kobe have left?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
im the ultimate optomist but i seriously think in phils time here we are going to do something serious... i truly dont belief phil is coming just to make LA a playoff team... ithink he has ideas for how to turn the lakers eventually into championship contenders...

also i know he says that his goal over the 3 years is just to bea playoff team but they were asking him about rings and he said "if i get another one..." so its on his mind

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
maybe if the lakers get the right players for the triangle

how about mike james?

a dead eye 3 point shooter and a good defender

doesnt need the ball to score

too bad he dropped 38 on the sixers, its gonna be hard to get him

also... is it to late to get charles oakley?

i think he would do a much better job playing the triangle than kwame..

even at the age of 45..

·
Registered
493 Posts
I say in 3 years if everything is done right. First, this year we learn the triangle and this new "D". Second, we trade Odom a couple of scrubs to a team with absolutely no chance of getting out of the top 5 pick area by then. We get that pick and pick a guy who has tremenous upside and can contribute greatly in his rookie year. I'd say someone in the top 5 are all pretty much someone like that. Moreso on Greg Oden but anyone in the lotto is going to be great. Some might be busts but it's going to be a draft to remember, like '96. My mind went blank and can't remember when Jordan was drafted, I think it was '85 but if anyone know for sure they can tell me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wilmatic2 said:
Lakers shouldn't even talk about a championship if they have Mihm and Brown in their starting frontcourt.
lol yup... there terrible.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
lakers9104 said:
what season will the Lakers next win the championship and how many years does Kobe have left?
unfortunately,those two variables are highly correlated and Kobes great play actually hurts your chances in the draft...

a better question is,how good can bynum be,and how long will it take for him to develop....

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think in the last year if of Phils contract if we sign another superstar we may a good established team. However not ready for a championship. Hopefully Phil resigns because he won't win a championship in his three years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts