Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They said Larry Bird was thinking about making a new franchise in Charlotte. Charlotte used to have the highest attendenc rating too. The only reason that he Hornets had to leave was because the fans hated them. But with new team, it should be back t normal. Other good citys to have a team are Richmond, VA, back in Vancouver, Kansas City, or mabey a second team in NYC or Chicago. :rbanana: :gbanana: :banana:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MoJo8888</b>!
Other good citys to have a team are Richmond, VA, back in Vancouver, Kansas City, or mabey a second team in NYC or Chicago.
Saint Louis, Baltimore or Pittsburgh are also "good cities".

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Im From NC and they hated the ownership.
And other good team are St. Louis,Baltimore,

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I don't think that there should be any more teams added to the NBA. I could see a couple of teams moving, but I don't think any teams should be added. The talent is watered-down enough as is.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Scuall</b>!
I don't think that there should be any more teams added to the NBA. I could see a couple of teams moving, but I don't think any teams should be added. The talent is watered-down enough as is.
Man, I can agree with your reply! There are so many teams now that have no support and the talent on them is mediocre - at best. More teams would worsen the effect. If anything they should go back to 24 or 20 teams; the talent level would be much improved, and then the team/city rivalries might even be renewed with far greater fan interest!

There is no doubt that so many mediocre teams do not make the NBA successful when it comes to having a solid fan base.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't think Vancouver would be a good choice to create a new team there, simply because we have a stadium that's almost 10 years old...and won't be good enough for NBA standards. And also, all these puckheads care about is hockey, and no one gives a damn about basketball, except me :upset:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CT10</b>!
all these puckheads care about is hockey, and no one gives a damn about basketball, except me :upset:

Were you ever a big Grizzlies Fan?? or maybe even the Raps??
I was just wondering....

It's nice to know theirs a NBA DIE-HARD out there, I'm sure theirs many. It's all good, The NBA is my favorite as well. Let the PuckHeads continue to cheer for the Canucks, while you cheer for your NBA Fave. THE NBA is the best & Football of course ;)

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CT10</b>!
I no one gives a damn about basketball, except me :upset:
Hey you are not alone I am a huge Basketball Fan from the Lower Mainland. Had season tix for 3 of the years they were hear and jam packs for the others. I would love to bring a team to Vancouver...and I think if marketed right it would work, the problem was that Stu Jackson had no clue how to make basketball work in Vancouver, or how to build a franchise at all.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Vegas would be good, they can definitely afford a New Team

Originally posted by <b>princetolakers</b>!
las vegas
I'd go with Sin-City as well, you can never go wrong at Vegas, you know there will always be some cuties in the stands somewhere, it's all Glitzz & Glamour ;) :D

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!

Man, I can agree with your reply! There are so many teams now that have no support and the talent on them is mediocre - at best. More teams would worsen the effect. If anything they should go back to 24 or 20 teams; the talent level would be much improved, and then the team/city rivalries might even be renewed with far greater fan interest!

There is no doubt that so many mediocre teams do not make the NBA successful when it comes to having a solid fan base.
This is absitively posolutely true!!! If this is the case we'll see more and more players stay on college to work their foundamental rather than trying to get in the league as early as possible. Because they will realize there's no chance for them to even making into any team in the league. Because every teams have so much talents and skilled players that a most team would win 40-50 games in a season. There's no real weak team, everyone is looking for the playoffs and championships. That mean no chance for a high-school kid to come out and impress on the court.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
i hope we don't get a new franchise. Now some teams may move. I want the players to catch up with the teams so to speak. Having foreign players is helping! Thank God.

I would like to see Louisville get a NBA franchise or old team move in. They supported a ABA team years ago. Good basketball state. Both HS and college.

I can see by the year 2010 having a nba team in euro-asia!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!

Were you ever a big Grizzlies Fan?? or maybe even the Raps??
I was just wondering....

It's nice to know theirs a NBA DIE-HARD out there, I'm sure theirs many. It's all good, The NBA is my favorite as well. Let the PuckHeads continue to cheer for the Canucks, while you cheer for your NBA Fave. THE NBA is the best & Football of course ;)
I was a HUGE Grizzly fan, but I've stopped cheering for them since the move.

Instead, I've become a King and Hawk fan.

I was originally a big King fan before the Grizzlies moved, but since Bibby got traded, the Kings have become my favorite team.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!

your an administrator so i am gonna try to be nice about it, but the idea of having a team out of North America is jsut ridiculous. Probaby the stupidest idea david stern has ever had. Just look how the experiment is failing in canada, in baseball and basketball there were 4 franchises a couple years back...now one is gone to memphis, the other is owned by the league on its way out. Players always complain about cross country road trips, could you imagine the jetlag flying in and out of europe, not to mention the time and cost. the franchise might have a good fan base at first, but all these adversities would hold the team in the basement and lead towards long term disaster, how are you gonna talk a nba superstar into packing up and leaving the country??? Are we already forgetting how much the grizzlies were hurt when Steve Francis refused to be drafted by them.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shyFX325</b>!

your an administrator so i am gonna try to be nice about it, but the idea of having a team out of North America is jsut ridiculous. Probaby the stupidest idea david stern has ever had. Just look how the experiment is failing in canada, in baseball and basketball there were 4 franchises a couple years back...now one is gone to memphis, the other is owned by the league on its way out. Players always complain about cross country road trips, could you imagine the jetlag flying in and out of europe, not to mention the time and cost. the franchise might have a good fan base at first, but all these adversities would hold the team in the basement and lead towards long term disaster, how are you gonna talk a nba superstar into packing up and leaving the country??? Are we already forgetting how much the grizzlies were hurt when Steve Francis refused to be drafted by them.
The NBA isn't failing in Canada, Toronto was in the top 5 in attendance last year, during hockey season! I think that says something as I know people that worship the Maple Leafs. It failed in Vancouver cuz of bad owners, general managers, coaches, no real superstar, terrible W-L record etc. I bet the Memphis Grizzlies had the same attendance as the Vancouver Grizzlies.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would doubt that any other city will be considered for an NBA franchise in the near future other than Charlotte. If, for some reason, Charlotte does not get an expansion team, I do not see the NBA expanding at all.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!
i hope we don't get a new franchise. Now some teams may move. I want the players to catch up with the teams so to speak. Having foreign players is helping! Thank God.

I would like to see Louisville get a NBA franchise or old team move in. They supported a ABA team years ago. Good basketball state. Both HS and college.

i agree about waiting for the NBA talent to catch up, lets wait at least another 8 years for the league get get deep in talent before we decide to dilute it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts