• Unsure

Votes: 4 14.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>NathanLane</b>!
Mark Madsen. That way we have someone to miss game winning layups at the buzzer! AGH!!!!!

But seriously, I'd like Patterson.
I kinda feel that way too, But, a funny thing happened on the way to trading for Daruis Miles. IMO, Patterson's attitude seems to have slumped. Can't place my finger on it, but he seems unhappy.....and it seems to have affected his play.

Conversely, Q (still) seems to have such an upside. I think he'd be perfectly happy playing backup to Miles and a bit at the 2. Perhaps, even more 2 if the Blazers don't retain Wes next season.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I like it the way it is.. Miles starting, and Ruben at the end... keep them both

we sure are more stagant on offense when Miles is sitting down

as far as Q goes... if we do not keep Wes (big mistake IMHO), he should get more playing time.. but why? Potential? I think he is really gifted athleticly, but he remains a quandry to me..

how is that for fence sitting?

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with Ruben's attitude.

During the Dallas and Phoenix games that we lost (and made Sheed cry), Ruben played like a maniac. But it came with a price and he got hurt during the Phoenix game. He still hasn't recovered and then he missed the most recent game in Phoenix.

I think he's physically still healing right now. That's all. If you notice a sour expression on his face, it's cuz he's in pain I believe.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
If it's the choice between:

Ruben Patterson at $5.9m

OR

Qyntel Woods at $1.17m

I'd take Qyntel without hesitation. We could get Miles signed (or close to it) for the difference in salary between Ruben and Qyntel.

The thing is, it's not purely an either/or... if we trade Ruben, we'll probably be taking salary back and there's no guarantee it'd be a better player, and if we keep Ruben we still get to keep Qyntel.

Ed O.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with ED O that the Blazers would have to take back salary to unload Patterson...they might be better off to keep him.

As far as Q Woods is concerned, sometimes a change of scenery is for the best as in DMiles' case. Unfortunately if they keep Miles and Ruben I don't see how Woods will ever get the minutes he needs.:no:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>MG</b>!
I agree with ED O that the Blazers would have to take back salary to unload Patterson...they might be better off to keep him.

As far as Q Woods is concerned, sometimes a change of scenery is for the best as in DMiles' case. Unfortunately if they keep Miles and Ruben I don't see how Woods will ever get the minutes he needs.:no:
For some reason, I really like Q and think he'll be a better, overall, fit for the Blazers team of the "future."

One thought I had was to package Ruben and Stapania for a "banger"-type Center/PF.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
If you trade Patterson, Q better sure as hell learn to play D in a hurry and be able to contribute more than fouls when he's in. Q could be a special player, but I feel he may be way to dumb to get the tempo of the NBA. Our teams offense is not that hard and Q is lost when in it.

BTW- Who is going to replace the defense and energy Patterson brings? Darius is not there yet, and Q is no where near it. I know Patterson is a great energy player for us that HAS panned out. Q has not been as much of an impact as Patterson on any level.

In all fairness we should have Patterson playing DA's minutes being backed up by Q and send DA packing. DA will not get one bit better than he is now!!!!! He's injury prone as hell and his outside shot is not solid. I think that Q would be a much more fluid attack to the hoop with the starting unit than DA will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.