Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this point it seems this is where most of the discussions are leaning towards unfortunately. Having said that if Hinrich,Crawford,Chandler, and Curry are all back next season and starting along with maybe a SF via FA(Hedo?or someone else) or via trade(any other than those 4)can that team make the playoffs. Basically is there any scenario that someone can come up with that involves changing personnel other than those 4 that will put this team in the playoffs next season. Because I am sorry I just do not see it.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All moves made between now and training camp next season should be with the intent of having a playoff team next year. Screw the rebuilding it is time to win some ball games. That and that alone should be the focus when making personnel decisions.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
If you think adding Hedo is what puts this team over the top, well...

I really don't know what to say.

I wish Paxson would for the most part just blow this team up and start over.

I wish we would use our pick in a deal to land an established, talented player.

Identify a legitimate core and build around that.

Skiles needs to have some set rotations in the games and get the best out of the players so that we're in a position to win.

As it is we have guys out there trying to fill roles that are too big for them to fill.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Basghetti what do you suggest?

If you're tired of rebuilding, let's trade our draft pick...

If you're tired of rebuilding, let's not do your trade proposals where we trade half our team for someone else's half of their team....

I feel like the Bulls don't know what they're doing, and its sad, because there are teams right now who are "rebuilding" and at least are still competitive teams, even if they aren't playoff teams.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know what read the post. I agree with you but you are so quick to jump on someone you don't even read. I agree that this team needs to be blown up. The post was directed towards those that think we should hold onto Crawford and Curry.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
I'm not jumping on anyone....

I'm just asking you what exactly do you think we should do?

As far as my trade proposals comment, I didn't mean that in a bad way, the Golden State one is intriguing, I don't think they would agree to it...

I just don't honestly believe most Bulls fans nor Bulls management knows what they want to happen, it's like constant limbo.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Like I have said before the Bulls need to try to see what they can get for Pip, Gill, Brunson, E-Rob, their draft pick. Try to find some better pieces to the puzzle. Lets also not forget that with an offseason of work our players should be stronger and better as well.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arenas I think we should move JC and Curry for the best SG/SF we can get and build around that person and Hinrich and Chandler. ACE I know you think we should keep all 3 C's and Kirk and just get the right role players to go with them. My point is there is no way a team like that would make playoffs next year. JC and Curry(along with Kirk and TC) can not possibly improve that much by next year.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
This is what I think we do.

Have Skiles continue to work with Jamal. His strides on defense have been good enough to convince me he wants to be an all around good player. I'm sure Skiles is aware of Jamals off the ball shooting and drawing contact problems. Unfortunetly, he cant just starting drawing contact in the lane at any time. He has to put on weight first, or it could lead to injury. JC's shot selection improves, and although its still not perfect, its moving in the right direction. Sign JC back in the offseason.

Keep Curry until the end of the season, be ready to deal him on draft day if you have to.

Draft Okafor. If that means you have to trade the current pick/Curry to get him, then do it. It would be great if we had a good enough pick to get him without a trade. I think our record will be bad enough to be in that position.

Once you get Okafor, shop Eddy around the league for a pretty good SF. If he beats up on summer league competition like he normally does, then his stock should raise back up. I think we should pursue the Battier/Swift for Curry trade.

Then, have Chandler hit the weights this summer. That should help his back and help his game a lot. Get everyone healthy, get everyone in check early and set REALISTIC goals. There should be enough new faces, where the losing trend is gone. Get new uniforms if you have to, you have to break the trend and anything that reminds you of it.

PG - Hinrich/JC
SG - JC/Gill
SF - Battier/Dupree
PF - Okafor/JYD/Swift
C - Chandler/AD

That team gives us a GREAT defense, a very smart team. Three of the five starters played on excellent college teams, and they are intelligent guys who know how to win. That should have a positive effect on JC and Chandler.

and if the Jaric/Ely deal goes through, then that gives us much more versatility and depth at the guard positions.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why would we trade Curry for Swift if Swift is going to be the third option? That makes no sense, trading a center for a power forward when you draft a starting power forward. You could say it's for Battier, but Curry is overpaying for Battier, and it's not all that hard to find a swingman in free agency.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
This is what I think we do.

Have Skiles continue to work with Jamal. His strides on defense have been good enough to convince me he wants to be an all around good player. I'm sure Skiles is aware of Jamals off the ball shooting and drawing contact problems. Unfortunetly, he cant just starting drawing contact in the lane at any time. He has to put on weight first, or it could lead to injury. JC's shot selection improves, and although its still not perfect, its moving in the right direction. Sign JC back in the offseason.

Keep Curry until the end of the season, be ready to deal him on draft day if you have to.

Draft Okafor. If that means you have to trade the current pick/Curry to get him, then do it. It would be great if we had a good enough pick to get him without a trade. I think our record will be bad enough to be in that position.

Once you get Okafor, shop Eddy around the league for a pretty good SF. If he beats up on summer league competition like he normally does, then his stock should raise back up. I think we should pursue the Battier/Swift for Curry trade.

Then, have Chandler hit the weights this summer. That should help his back and help his game a lot. Get everyone healthy, get everyone in check early and set REALISTIC goals. There should be enough new faces, where the losing trend is gone. Get new uniforms if you have to, you have to break the trend and anything that reminds you of it.

PG - Hinrich/JC
SG - JC/Gill
SF - Battier/Dupree
PF - Okafor/JYD/Swift
C - Chandler/AD

That team gives us a GREAT defense, a very smart team. Three of the five starters played on excellent college teams, and they are intelligent guys who know how to win. That should have a positive effect on JC and Chandler.

and if the Jaric/Ely deal goes through, then that gives us much more versatility and depth at the guard positions.
Hmm...

Now this is interesting...

Only thing is if you bring in Swift, he should start, Swift is awesome, if he could just consistently get the minutes needed, he would be great.

Okafor is better, but I think they have similar games....and I don't believe Chandler can be a C in this league.

If we're going to ship Curry, I say we ship him and the first rd pick for a all-star player, plain and simple.

Also if we do get new unis, we should get gray ones, same design, gray color, those would be so hot...

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Battier is an intelligent player whos being held back in Memphis because of the SF overload there.

I think Bulls fans overrate Curry badly. Its not easy to find a good swingman, or else we'd have one right now. Free agency hasnt exactly been kind to us, and Turkoglu is not the answer to anything. He is okay on a good team, but his weaknesses will be exposed badly on a bad team.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!
Hmm...

Now this is interesting...

Only thing is if you bring in Swift, he should start, Swift is awesome, if he could just consistently get the minutes needed, he would be great.

Okafor is better, but I think they have similar games....and I don't believe Chandler can be a C in this league.

If we're going to ship Curry, I say we ship him and the first rd pick for a all-star player, plain and simple.

Also if we do get new unis, we should get gray ones, same design, gray color, those would be so hot...
Yea, the main thing I'd like this team to establish is an intelligent defensive minded tradition. Battier, Hinrich and Okafor all played for great college coaches and know how the game is supposed to be played. All three guys play the game like Pax wants it to be played.

Battier is the main part of the trade, I just put Swift in as a filler to even the trade out. If hes not a fit, we could find something else on their roster to make it work.

I agree on the unis, a grey jersey with the red would be hot. I'd buy one.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I would probably keep Kirk,Jamal,Curry,Tyson and try to move the pick and some salary for a STUD at sf .

If we really had a chance at a superstar like Pierce or tmac Id include Curry along with our pick and some salary.

Im very interested to see what skils can do with Kirk,jamal, and a primo sf .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts