19,935 Posts
24 y/o can stretch the defense and shoot the 3 17/8

32 y/o huge contract falling apart 12/8

If i was the Hornets i would laugh at the Lakers

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Playing devils advocate for this trade(which I am not for...i guess...at least not till Nash comes back) we are not only gaining a good/great outside shooter BUT ALSO freeing up the paint for Nash, Kobe, and Dwight to operate in.

IMO if a trade for Pau happens it will probably be for a player viewed to not be be as good BUT will be a better fit skill-set wise for this particular offense.

Synergy

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
24 y/o can stretch the defense and shoot the 3 17/8

32 y/o huge contract falling apart 12/8

If i was the Hornets i would laugh at the Lakers
Yea. Post their numbers like they're playing in the same situation.

Also fail to mention Anderson takes the most shots of anyone on his team, is pretty much only effective at the 3 point line, and is the worst defender of any starting power forward.

Also fail to mention their passing games aren't even in the same realm.

To say the Hornets should laugh is hilarious.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Yea. Post their numbers like they're playing in the same situation.

Also fail to mention Anderson takes the most shots of anyone on his team, is pretty much only effective at the 3 point line, and is the worst defender of any starting power forward.

Also fail to mention their passing games aren't even in the same realm.

To say the Hornets should laugh is hilarious.
Also fail to say Pau doesnt fit the Lakers anymore. Anderson is what the Lakers need and the guy is 8 years younger. Gasol isnt the same player he was his age is starting to show

Anderson is the better fit. And imo the better player now...Gasol is clogging the Lakers up right now. Trade him for a big guy that can rebound just as good and stretch the defense is a no brainier. Dwight and Anderson would be great together

Only reason i would do this trade as the Hornets taking on his huge contract and age would be to have him teach Anthony Davis

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Also fail to say Pau doesnt fit the Lakers anymore. Anderson is what the Lakers need and the guy is 8 years younger. Gasol isnt the same player he was his age is starting to show

Anderson is the better fit. And imo the better player now...Gasol is clogging the Lakers up right now. Trade him for a big guy that can rebound just as good and stretch the defense is a no brainier. Dwight and Anderson would be great together

Only reason i would do this trade as the Hornets taking on his huge contract and age would be to have him teach Anthony Davis
Pau Gasol has had a bad stretch of 5 games. Earlier in the season people were agreeing with me that he was the most complete big man in the league.

You trade him to the Hornets and now you have a top 3-5 center in the league and Davis gets to slide over to the 4. Pau's numbers go through the roof as the main offensive option.

On the flip side the Lakers get improved outside shooting, and maybe slightly better spacing in the lane, although Pau already stretches the D with his midrange game, so I doubt it changes much. They now have 2 big men who can hardly even pass the ball and Dwight is picking up a ton more fouls since he has to cover up for guys getting past Anderson whenever they feel like it.

It is not a good trade. At all. The level people are panicking after 5 games is ridiculous, especially since Gasol is well known for lengthy cold streaks.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
This is retarded. I hope the Lakers are not actually considering this.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
This is going to get old quick.

Lakers would have to be in full on panic mode to trade Pau.

I would rather start Jamison and use Pau JUST as a backup center than make this trade.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Pau Gasol has had a bad stretch of 5 games. Earlier in the season people were agreeing with me that he was the most complete big man in the league.

You trade him to the Hornets and now you have a top 3-5 center in the league and Davis gets to slide over to the 4. Pau's numbers go through the roof as the main offensive option.

On the flip side the Lakers get improved outside shooting, and maybe slightly better spacing in the lane, although Pau already stretches the D with his midrange game, so I doubt it changes much. They now have 2 big men who can hardly even pass the ball and Dwight is picking up a ton more fouls since he has to cover up for guys getting past Anderson whenever they feel like it.

It is not a good trade. At all. The level people are panicking after 5 games is ridiculous, especially since Gasol is well known for lengthy cold streaks.
The thing is Davis is already playing the 4. In the games hes played Lopez started at center.

So the Hornets go from Davis-Lopez starting to Davis-Gasol. Gasol probably has the second best numbers of any center in the West.

So really they are talking about trading their backup 4.

Only FSH would laugh.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
This is going to get old quick.

Lakers would have to be in full on panic mode to trade Pau.

I would rather start Jamison and use Pau JUST as a backup center than make this trade.
But..... he shoots 3's!

And 5 bad games for Pau! Hes done!

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
this is dumb - I liked what D'Antoni did in the last game with using Pau in the second unit - they excelled as a unit and he had 8 assists to go with 7 rebounds - I had very few problems with Pau in the last game excepting a couple late rotations on help D - he only scored 6 points but he only took 7 shots and he was the one feeding the guys who were on fire - and he only played 27 minutes, if he'd played his usual minutes he would have been flirting with a Darrell Walker triple double

and Anderson is not even close to the value they can get for him if they do decide that they cant make it work - just because you got a porsche and dont want to use the benz anymore doesnt mean you give it to the guy down the street for $5

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Pau has declined considerably over the past three seasons. This is not the same 20-10 player. It boggles my mind that people think Pau can put up 20-10 as a first option on another team. He just isn't that effective of a player anymore.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Pau has declined considerably over the past three seasons. This is not the same 20-10 player. It boggles my mind that people think Pau can put up 20-10 as a first option on another team. He just isn't that effective of a player anymore.
What the hell are you talking about? He was a 17 and 10 player last year as the third option. You don't think he can score 3 more points with more touches?

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
I call bullshit again. As usual, DaRizzle is very good at finding the most obscure opinionated pieces that lack not only a quality source, but any source at all.

The writer says "the name that keeps coming up is Ryan Anderson." Where does it keep coming up? I haven't seen it anywhere at all, I think its totally made-up bullshit from a rag that hasn't had a serious story since 1973.

I guess some people have nothing better to do than read this tripe.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
But..... he shoots 3's!

Have you watched Pau? Even his PER is terrible(even though PER is shit)...The guy has just been terrible. With Anderson you guy a guy that is alot younger and can grow with Dwight. With Pau you get someone that is holding his team back

Laker fans are the only one that think Pau is worth a shit ton. His age and contract he isnt gonna be worth anything in a few years. Anderson on the other hand will be

Pau is declining. Trade him and get younger while you can. Or sit and watch as you try to figure out why Dwight,Pau, Kobe and Nash arent working together and stay in that 7th seed

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
The team hasn't even got to see Nash play in the new coaching system. And no, Pau hasn't been terrible. At the start of the year he was playing as LA's best big man.

Ryan Anderson will never, ever be a significant piece on a contender. When Indiana faced Orlando last year in the playoffs, I had a ear to ear grin anytime Anderson was on the floor. Not only did Hibbert and West eat him alive, but even guys like Hansbrough fed him his lunch.

If the Lakers trade Pau, it won't be for some worthless one trick pony like Anderson.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts