Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys think Minny will fair playing their next two games in Phoenix on Friday night, and against Sacramento Sunday? These are probably the two most crucial games of the year, because even losing one of two will hurt things. Plus, if Minny loses both games here and ends up beating Denver on the 8th, the two will cancel out.

Thoughts? I'm not sure what Amare's status is for the game tomorrow, but do you guys think Minny has enough urgency to go out and beat the best team in the league on their home floor?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
How do you guys think Minny will fair playing their next two games in Phoenix on Friday night, and against Sacramento Sunday? These are probably the two most crucial games of the year, because even losing one of two will hurt things. Plus, if Minny loses both games here and ends up beating Denver on the 8th, the two will cancel out.

Thoughts? I'm not sure what Amare's status is for the game tomorrow, but do you guys think Minny has enough urgency to go out and beat the best team in the league on their home floor?
We're playing the Spurs? :wink:

I think we'll play alright, but if I had to guess I'd say we'll lose to Phoenix, and I think we might be able to beat Sacramento. If somehow we could win both of those games it would be a HUGE confidence boost. This road trip will be pivital to our playoff chances, and if we could somehow get a sweep out of it, I'd almost say our chances of making the playoffs are over 50%.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I think this winning streak will be likely to end tonight but that is okay as long as they can put number 1 on their new winning streak vs Sactown.

I have seen the schedule for April, I think it is going to be a little bit tough although they have home games every Wednesday for rest of their season. We have to face San Antonio, Seattle, and last not least, Denver to battle for the 8th. Should be interesting month of April.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would say a split of the next 2 is likely. we always seem to play Sacramento very well on the road. And who knows about PHx if amare is still out.
They need to play their best ball tonight, and hope that some shots fall their way.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
The Wolves need to go out believing that they can and will beat beat both teams, but focus on both games individually. They will definitely not take a win in either game for granted, but their recent success and desire to make the playoffs play in their favor.

On the other hand, Phoenix is fighting for the home court advantage throughout the playoffs by winning the first seed. Sacramento is battling for position as well in the middle group of teams in the Western Conference. First round match-ups are going to be very interesting, and moving up or down one spot in the seeding changes your first round match-up and can make a big difference for some teams.

G-Force

1 - 5 of 5 Posts