Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the kings probably have a lottery pick in the atlanta deal, what position do u think the kings will draft? I think they need a Center because who knows how much time Vlade has left on his clock. I want to know what position the kings will pick and who will be the best players at that position coming into the draft?

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
There's going to be a lot of younger players in this upcoming draft. There are websites that you can go to to see mock drafts. Not sure if I am allowed to post one cause that's advertising. The draft will feature a high schooler going #1 and a bunch of players who haven't completed four years of college going in the top 20.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 1st round choice the Kings received will NOT come from Atlanta, but from Detroit, who owes Atlanta a pick.

Furthermore, I read somewhere that the Detroit pick is actually owed to them from Toronto.

So if you’re rooting for the Hawks to do poorly, well that won’t help. If you’re rooting for the Raptors or Piston to do poorly, you’ll have to wait one more season…..

Because the Kings will not receive this pick until 2003-04 or 04-05. That means they won’t get it next season. And Petrie CANNOT go and get the pick; the Hawks has to GIVE it to them. Example, Petrie cannot call them and say, “We want it in 2 yrs time.” He has to wait for the Hawks to call him and say, “You can have it at so-and-so year…” The catch is that if Petrie doesn’t get it by 04-05 season, he can snatch the Hawks’ next 1st rd pick (provided it is not a #1 to #4 selection).

And that's not all, the Hawks has the right to keep the higher pick. Say, the Hawks’ pick is lower than what they owe the Kings, Hawks can give the lower pick to the Kings and keep the higher one.

So what does this translate to? The Kings will probably get a late 1st round pick in 2003-04 or 2004-05.

Btw, they don’t have a 1st round pick next year. It goes to Orlando in that Nick Anderson trade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts