Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So being bored in my Musik Appreciation class, I was thinking about the Warrior's roster next year, and guys that would likely/ I would want to let go.

the current roster for the Warriors is:

Adonal Foyle
Troy Murphy
Mike Dunleavy
Jason Richardson
Baron Davis
Michael Pietrus
Derek Fisher
Zarko Caparkapa
Andris Biedrins
Nicholoz Tskitishvili
Rodney White
Calbert Cheaney

Of these 12 players, I have four players I might want to replace, from most to least: Rodney White, Calbert Cheaney, Adonal Foyle, Nicholoz Tskitishvili.

I really don't like Rodney White because every time he touches the ball, he wants to shoot it. For a team going for the playoffs that may be a cancer. Surely he can prove to be a spark sometimes, when he is actually making some of the shots.

Calbert Cheaney has not played since the beginning of the season, and I believe this is the final year of his contract? Not really sure, but with this slot, I'd really like to get a true point guard, third string or not.

For Adonal Foyle, its pretty obvious why. His contract length, money and productivity. I have heard rumors of us trading our top 10 pick (likely 10th or lower) and Adonal for Magloire, and the idea really jumps at me. This may be a draft pick we may want to keep, but I don't have much knowledge on college prospects or the salary cap.

Now the last of the four, Tkitishvili, was a really hard one for me to say. When he plays, he plays team ball, but confidence in his shot is lacking. He has the syndrome I had. Whenever he shoots in pre game warm ups or practice, he can shoot very well, but when a game starts, its like everything goes away. Its really hard to drop him because we would have traded Najera for nothing. I'd really like to see him 1 more year before calling it quits on him.

So here is is my roster for next year, if I had my way:

Jamal Magloire
Troy Murphy
Mike Dunleavy
Jason Richardson
Baron Davis
Michael Pietrus
Derek Fisher
Zarko Caparkapa
Andris Biedrins
Nicholoz Tskitishvili
Flip Murray
Jamal Sampson (I'm really bias on Cal players, so ya)

With that said, I'd really like your opinions, whether you'd like other players instead of the ones I picked or the ones we have this year.

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
Of all the players on our current roster, who's contracts are up at the end of this season?

Also, don't the W's have a decision w/ Mike D, being that next year will be the last year of his contract? Won't money need to be appropriated accordingly?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
When I look at a roster, I only take note of those 'must keeps', everyone else can be had for right price.

Here's my breakdown of valuability for each player if I had my way:
(Definite keepers)
1. Baron Davis
2. JRich
3. Biedrins
4. Murphy

(Keepers because of cheap contracts and/or potentials)
1. Pietrus
2. Cabarkapa

That is six right there, the rest I could care less about them.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
MightyReds2020 said:
When I look at a roster, I only take note of those 'must keeps', everyone else can be had for right price.

Here's my breakdown of valuability for each player if I had my way:
(Definite keepers)
1. Baron Davis
2. JRich
3. Biedrins
4. Murphy

(Keepers because of cheap contracts and/or potentials)
1. Pietrus
2. Cabarkapa

That is six right there, the rest I could care less about them.
I agree with this post.

Mullin and Co. need to make a decision on who to keep out of Pietrus and Dunleavy I think. There may not be enough salary for both in the future.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
FYI, Skita, Rodney White (team option or qualifying offer or something), and Calbert Cheaney are Free agents.

They are the 3 least important players on the team, so its a good thing.

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
halfbreed said:
FYI, Skita, Rodney White (team option or qualifying offer or something), and Calbert Cheaney are Free agents.

They are the 3 least important players on the team, so its a good thing.
O.K...so the trade of Najera for Skita and White makes more sense...Mullin was probably trying to free whatever cap space he could for next year when he sent Najera to Denver.

How much is coming off the books with those 3 gone?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I haven't been able to get good salary info (the hoopshype page doesn't have JRich's and Murphy's extensions), but I've heard that we are way over the cap next year. So, I don't think we will pick up any free agents. The Najera trade was to free cap room to take on Baron's contract.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I also think we're way over the cap, we gave Jrich, Murphy and Foyle (too) big contracts..

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
B Dizzle said:
I also think we're way over the cap, we gave Jrich, Murphy and Foyle (too) big contracts..

I'm o.k. with what J-Rich and Murph are gettin' paid....the Foyle contract is ridiculous!!! The way he got dunked on by Amare last night, he ought to pay some of that money back. Dunks like that can demoralize an entire team.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts