@

When: Saturday, January 12th
Where: 3Com Candlestick Park - San Francisco, CA
Kickoff: 8PMEST
TV: FOX

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
I don't care for either of these teams. Think the Packers take it though.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Packers and Niners had some great playoff games in the 90's.. im really looking forward to seeing these two matchup again.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
I'd be much more worried about Alex Smith, but just don't think Kaepernick can make enough plays with his arm to win this game. Rodgers will have a tough slog against that defense, but can score just enough points to win.

Get ready to hear about the 2005 draft all week!

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Toughest game for me to pick. I'm going with San Francisco because of their defense, especially if Justin Smith can play like Justin Smith.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Kaepernick hasn't really been the problem, some of the 49ers best players have gone down with injuries in the past few weeks. Harbaugh doesn't really seem to have managed the roster that well in retrospect.

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
2001 Patriots?
The 1987 Redskins too.

And there are similarities because these teams weren't quarterback centric either. Not in the sense that the quarterbacks didn't need to play well, they just weren't asked to be the focal point all the time and do everything. Kaepernick is plenty good enough to be a Super Bowl winning quarterback with as much talent as the Niners have in most areas. Of course when you have the best quarterback in the league like the Packers, you always got a pretty good chance regardless of the opponent.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
The battle of the Crabtrees! This is a tough game to pick. I think if the Packers weren't finally healthy, I would probably take the 49ers. I think it will be close. I can see it going either way. If Mason Crosby continues to struggle he may lose the Pack the game. On the other hand, Kaepernick will have to play a hell of a game. Those deep balls will be harder with Sam Shields and Charles Woodson playing and healthy.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts