Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who wins the NFC East?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Football season upon us, it's time to go division by division to discuss how we see each team and landscape of the NFL this upcoming season.

2011 Record: 9-7, Division Champions; Super Bowl Champions

Head Coach: Tom Coughlin; 9th season

Additions: LB Keith Rivers, TE Martellus Bennett, S Stevie Brown, OT Sean Locklear, CB Antwaun Molden

Losses: CB Aaron Ross, WR Mario Manningham, RB Brandon Jacobs

Draft Picks: RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley, TE Adrien Robinson, OT Brandon Mosley, Matt McCants, DT Markus Kuhn

2011 Record: 8-8, 2nd NFC East

Head Coach: Andy Reid; 13th year

Additions: LB DeMeco Ryans OT Demetress Bell, G Mike Gibson

Losses: DE Juqua Parker, OT Winston Justice, WR Steve Smith

Draft Picks: DT/DE Fletcher Cox, LB Mychal Kendricks, DE Vinny Curry, QB Nick Foles, CB/KR/PR Brandon Boykin, OT Dennis Kelly, WR Marvin McNutt, OG Brandon Washington, RB Bryce Brown

2011 Record: 8-8, 3rd NFC East

Head Coach: Jason Garrett; 2nd year

Additions: CB Brandon Carr, LB Dan Connor, G Nate Livings, QB Kyle Orton, FB Lawrence Vickers,

Losses: CB Terence Newman, LB Bradie James, WR Laurent Robinson, TE Martellus Bennett

Draft Picks: CB Mo Claiborne, DE Tyrone Crawford, LB Kyle Wilber, S Matt Johnson, WR Danny Coale, TE James Hanna, LB Caleb McSurdy

2011 Record: 5-11, 4th NFC East

Head Coach: Mike Shannahan; 3rd year

Additions: WR Pierre Garcon, WR Josh Morgan, S Brandon Merriweather, S Tanard Jackson, CB Cedric Griffin, CB Leigh Torrence, G James Lee

Losses: S LaRon Landry, OT Sean Locklear

Draft Picks: QB Robert Griffin III, G Josh LeRibeus, QB Kirk Cousins, LB Keenan Robinson, G Adam Gettis, RB Alfred Morris, OT Tom Compton, DB Richard Crawford, DB Jordan Berstine

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
I think the NFC East is once again the toughest division in the NFL (going off by memory of the other divisions.) I see three of the four teams making the playoffs, with the Redskins just missing out. I expect RG3 to have a great ROY worthy year and making some noise with Washington.

Wouldn't be shocked, and hoping for the Cowboys's to have yet another failure of a season that looked somewhat promising led by one of the more overrated players in the NFL.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
It's always tough to do well after a Superbowl win, so that's why I pick Eagles to win the division, Cowboys 2nd getting a WC, Giants, then Redskins. All teams should get at least 5 wins.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
I think NFC East (Giants, Cowboys, Eagles) is the second toughest division after NFC North (Packers, Lions, Bears). I think two teams from each of those divisions make the playoffs. The Eagles are the most talented team, so I'll pick them to have the better regular season despite the Giants being the champions and Cowboys being my hometown team.

·
2,594 Posts
I think NFC East (Giants, Cowboys, Eagles) is the second toughest division after NFC North (Packers, Lions, Bears). I think two teams from each of those divisions make the playoffs. The Eagles are the most talented team, so I'll pick them to have the better regular season despite the Giants being the champions and Cowboys being my hometown team.
Da Bears? :punk:

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Da Bears are contenders and have been the past two years.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Wouldn't be shocked, and hoping for the Cowboys's to have yet another failure of a season that looked somewhat promising led by one of the more overrated players in the NFL.
it's funny cause romo is actually one of the most underrated players in football (at least in terms of fan perception).

this is always a weird division. three of the teams are basically capable of winning the super bowl or falling apart and missing the playoffs any given year.

·
2,594 Posts
Can't tell if serious.

If you are do go on and explain how those contending Bears missed the playoffs altogether two of those three years.

Edit - Post for K4l not above.

And at above, yeah I think it depends on who you ask (if he's overrated or not.) Think most would agree that their team is overrated though.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
I meant past two years in 2010 they won the NFC North and lost by 7 to Packers in the Conference Championship a game where Cutler got injured, in 2011 they were 7-3 until Cutler got injured and went 1-5 they probably get the wildcard if Cutler stays healthy.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Yeah Bears were playing well last year before Forte went down.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eagles going to put it together this yr.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
I say Eagles. There's always an adjustment period for free agents, and Vick's poor health didn't help last year either. But I could see them finishing 8-8 too because of great years from the Giants and Cowboys.

Regarding the Bears, they have been far better recently than the Cowboys.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's my thought on it as well. And Nnamdi just didn't all a sudden suck. New system. Eagles pass rush is going to be nasty. It was already good but adding some of that youth.

Giants will be right there though.

I've never given a thought to the Cowboys as title contenders like the media and their fans wanted to make you believe now or last few yrs. Playoffs are possibility of course.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Eagles.

The thing that I like is how many players were pissed that the Giants won the Super Bowl. The Jets losing that game to the Giants was so critical.

Also about the Bears, I'm worried about their offensive line but they're good. I'm a big Jay Cutler fan (obviously bigger than many posters here). If they can stay healthy they're real contenders in the NFC.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forum's split on NY/Philly.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
I'll take philly here. I think Meco's addition will be huge for their run defense.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Giants will have a let-down year. Vick will get hurt. The Redskins have very little talent.

It's the Cowboys year

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The Eagles win the division if Andy Reid doesn't try to make Vick or whoever is at QB throw 50 times a game/get destroyed. He has a good back in McCoy, and shouldn't be afraid to use him. I agree with the other guys who said that Ryans is a huge addition to the defense and the Nnamdi shouldn't be that bad again this year.

The Giants will play their dangerous game of coasting through a regular season. Reuben Randle has the talent to step in right away for the departed Manningham. I think they'll be a fringe WC team. They were a fringe team last year too and look how they did. Eli seems to respond when everybody thinks he'll flop.

Not too sure about Dallas. Hype machine aside, they did make some nice additions to their secondary this offseason. They could make a surprise run at a WC spot. Another fringe team.

Washington will finish last, but should show promise for the future. They'll compete, but there just isn't enough on the roster right now for them to win the division.

Eagles/Giants/Cowboys/Redskins
1st-3rd could realistically be in any order.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Everybody's underrating the Giants. Just be careful, you may be surprised. This team figured it out late last season, but once they did they knew they can beat anybody. They'll be strong this year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts