Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jib and thrust
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dat was placed on IR.

And he is considering retirement. This does not bode well for us; as he is yet another starting LB we have lost for the season (Singleton was the first).

Look for Scott Shanle to start at ILB next week. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing Burnett and James in the middle; makes it tougher for teams to run on us.

But we will need to address the issue via FA or draft next season. Ahmad Brooks looks good.....

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=D842C284-D16A-D28B-8609ED5A444429A3

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Wow, he is our Def captin too...

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Did he play vs Denver??

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
RoyWilliams said:
We have played decent without him so far, but i guess this gives Parcells an excuse to go get the BIG ILB he really wants.
A big run stopping MLB would fit so much better in our D IMO... Not just any scrub could replace Dat but ideally a larger backer would stuff the line better than the scrappy Dat Nguyen.

I thought I heard Dat's number called against Denver tho... It couldn't be that bad if he played this past week. :whoknows:

·
Jib and thrust
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parcells has stated in the past that he wants to move Burnett inside.

Bradie James and Kevin Burnett would give us two big MLB's. We'd need to either get another OLB in FA or the draft next year (Fujita might not be the answer).

Assuming Bradie James is the answer to one of the starting MLB spots....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I always hoped neither him or Dexter Coakley would ever go..

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
They just don't fit what Tuna likes to do on D. Dat and Dex are perfect fits for cover two style D's where their speed is needed and lack of size is overlooked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts