Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Re: NHL 2012 Offseason Thread

Jesus...I want a full season to defend the Cup.

This is getting ridiculous. Pretty clear to me the season won't start on time. :(

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

Jesus...I want a full season to defend the Cup.

This is getting ridiculous. Pretty clear to me the season won't start on time. :(
Not looking like it.

As per usual, I side with ownership.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

Good. Greedy ****ing players.

In no real world industry do you pay the worker over 50%. Its asinine.

I hope they lock out the whole season just so I can see these idiots crawling back to the league hat in hand.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts

I hope they lock out the whole season just so I can see these idiots crawling back to the league hat in hand.
If the whole season get canceled the NHL is dead and will never recover in the US

NHL is starting to gain some steam in the US with NBC and NBC Sports Channel. Its sucks that this lockout is happening now

·
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

BloombergTV
BREAKING: NHL cancels 82 regular-season games to October 24 in labor impasse

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts

Blame the Kings. Everytime they make the Finals, the next year there is a lockout.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts

Good. Greedy ****ing players.

In no real world industry do you pay the worker over 50%. Its asinine.

You're forgetting the fact the players bent over the last lockout. The owners set and got their main terms. Since then league revenue has grown 50% and they just signed their best TV deal in a while. The owners are the ones writing the cheques, if they wanted to pay the players less, they could. Personally, I side with neither owners or players. They are all greedy bitches and to blame for me not getting to watch any hockey.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts

Winnipeg goes 15 long years without an NHL team, finally gets it back for a year, and then boom there's another lockout. This is the worst run league in all of major sports.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Also just like the last lockout there is a hyped possibly generational talent from PEI available in the next draft in Nathan MacKinnon. Crosby last time. On a basketball note, Popeye Jones' son Seth is expected to go 2nd in the draft.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts