Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a great loss for the Purps, who might have been "overrated" by MAAC fans after their two easy wins against weak opponents.

Then again, one of those weaklings is beating Canisius by double figures right now.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What happened!?!?! It looks like they lost by the 3 pointer on 25% shooting (5-20). Disappointing...reminds of their game last year against Providence where they were up big in the first half and then let it slip away.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It gets worse for the MAAC--Canisius is down 16 at Bonaventure with 2 to play.

·
Registered
319 Posts
GuyF said:
It gets worse for the MAAC--Canisius is down 16 at Bonaventure with 2 to play.
I think this deserves another "what happened!?!?!" They have talent, but, losses to revamped Buffalo team and now St. Bonaventure makes you scratch your head. Canisius is not living up to it's preseason hype...

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was actually at this game on Saturday. Niagra started off well and if they were not so sloppy, could have won the game. They should have led by 15 at the half.

Johnnies were lethargic and even sloppier for most of the game. St. John's eventually wore the Purple People down put couldn't pull away until the final minute or so. Pretty ugly and boring game really.

Anthony Mason Jr was impressive. First time I saw him play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts