Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
When they had pre-season at UVM, maybe?

I think it's great how the governor is recruiting George Coppenrath based on name recognition. The best part is that the Coppenrath's are the last people on earth who would go seeking name recognition. They are quiet people who get things done. I bet George would make a great state representative. Heck, maybe he could even knock one of the whacked out Vermont senators off their pedestal in Washington.

·
Premium Member
33,496 Posts
That is a fantastic article. Yep, Celts had pre season camp at Patrick this fall.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
This article is on page one of the edition I bought this morning in Conway, NH. Not first page of the sports section, but the front page of the entire paper! Did they do the same for the Greater Boston editions?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Oh yeah, Front Page of the Globe - City Edition.

I walk in to my office this morning and the BC Alumni in my firm taped the article all over my door, my windows, my whiteboard.

It felt like I was in West Barnet, Vermont.

·
Premium Member
33,496 Posts
It's nice he has Marty Blake in his corner, that's for sure.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
TC was on the front sports page of the San Diego Union Tribune today (in full color!). I think that Vermont becomes THE underdog story of the tourney if they upset Syracuse.

·
Registered
341 Posts
mainejeff said:
TC was on the front sports page of the San Diego Union Tribune today (in full color!). I think that Vermont becomes THE underdog story of the tourney if they upset Syracuse.

thank you captain obvious....

I'm glad TC is getting the press here. I dont like Brennan getting so much (any) credit. This team is all TC, yea there is supporting talent, but he deserves this kind of credit...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
mainejeff said:
I agree. But that is a really, really big IF.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That was quite the piece. Anybody have any idea who the 11 year old dunker from Memphis was? I'd like to pat him on the back.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
What's so obvious about it? There's about 20 teams out there that could pull huge upsets and become big stories. I'm just saying that Vermont would become the BIGGEST story. I don't think that it is as obvious as Northeastern becoming an absolute college sports nobody after they join the CAA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts