Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys have really gotten it together. Nice job, you pulled past my C's, boy are we struggling, but you have your PG now and look to be on a semi-roll, best of luck.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
thats a nice gesture coming from a celtics fan..thanks.....Isiah has come in and begun to clean house...layden was a disaster and didnt have what it takes to run the Knicks....

You guys need a solid GM..I dont know about Ainge...Getting rid of walker for lafrentz was questionable,and getting ricky davis when you have pierce???why trade walker??

worst of all,how in the world could you let Joe Johnson go..that guy is gonna be awesome

·
Registered
97 Posts
the celtics are horribly run. Look at the three first round picks...

1) joe Johnson- fine, nothing wrong with that
2) Kedrick Brown- Pretty bad, could have had Troy Murphy would have helped out a lot more
3) Joe Forte- Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but Tony Parker or even Tinsley would have obviously played out better.

A bad draft is a bad draft, the Knicks know all about that. What sucks is when the C's trade Johnson for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk. Why trade a potential future star just to make the finals, the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS????

Then Rogers leaves so you traded Johnson for Tony Delk. The other trades are also pointless. Could have gotten Spree for Walker, a lot better than LaFrentz, who is horribly overpaid and sucks. Then the Ricky Davis trade? I have to say, if I were a Celts fan I'd be incredibly frustrated right now

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
oakman,i can" feel" rashidi furiously scouring the internet for comparitive stats between van Horn and Walker..

I dont know if i could have bared to watch Shimmy Walker in NY...

·
Registered
97 Posts
no, the celts turned it down. I think we offered spree for walker and the celts wanted lafrentz instead

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
A bad draft is a bad draft, the Knicks know all about that. What sucks is when the C's trade Johnson for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk. Why trade a potential future star just to make the finals, the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS????
Because the Celtics had a very real chance of reaching the NBA FINALS. JJ is a nice player, but don't line him up for any all-star teams anytime soon. He's in the class of guys like Larry Hughes and Derek Anderson. Swingmen are a dime a dozen, Finals appearances are not.

Is that true, was Walker offered to us and we took Van Horn instead? Please say it ain't so.
NY Propaganda. Spree for Walker doesn't make sense, Walkers not really a character guy either. Why would Boston want Spree anyway, if they already have Pierce? At least Ricky Davis is young and was acquired for bench players.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truth</b>!
oakman,i can" feel" rashidi furiously scouring the internet for comparitive stats between van Horn and Walker..

I dont know if i could have bared to watch Shimmy Walker in NY...
LOL... I'm not a big Walker fan either, especially for Boston cause all his attempts (er... chucks) stole from Peirce, a real player. But his athleticism and ball handling would have been a nice fit here, and he's a true 3. More than I can say for Spree or VH.

I'm still a bit more down on VH than most. Believe me, it's not that he's not playing well. It's just that each good game leaves me feeling lucky, I just don't fully trust him yet. But if he keeps it up all year and into the playoffs I'll have to relent.

But that's still not to say I think he makes us better than Spree. Spree came far closer to being voted an all-star this year and he'd mesh nicely with Marbury's tempo. Which begs the question: what might have been if we'd kept Spree for the two spot and traded Houston for a couple of front court players...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>son of oakley</b>!

LOL... I'm not a big Walker fan either, especially for Boston cause all his attempts (er... chucks) stole from Peirce, a real player. But his athleticism and ball handling would have been a nice fit here, and he's a true 3. More than I can say for Spree or VH.
I just remembered, he actually plays as a 4. Oh well, maybe he's not a "true" 3, but I certainly think he's well suited to that position.

I think:

Marbury
Spree
Walker
KT
Motumbo

Makes a nice lineup.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i have always felt Houston is seriously overrated....I think Spree is a far better all around player...Houston controls the ball too much and cant pass for shiiit and doesnt break down the D...

and i wont go into his D

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
JJ

Rashidi,have you actually seen JJ play???

The guy has serious potential and is showing it now that he is no longer deferring to Marbury and penny...

You do realise the guy is close to 6'8" and 240 pounds and 23 y.o....DA is 6'5" 190 and hughes is 6'5" 185....

you are seriously underestimating JJ ability,potential and play..he i snot a dime a dozen swingman..Guaranteed

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
'What front court players would those be? Shawn Bradley, Tariq Abdul-Wahad, and Danny Fortson?"

i thought you were a Alan Houston fan???

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
"You're right, I forgot Layden was GM."

lol...Its amazing the difference at the garden since lay-down was fired....

I can never understand what the hell he was sooo secretive about...Its not like he was Einstein...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
You're right, I forgot Layden was GM.
Really? And what could Thomas get for Houston? Are you naive enough to think that the Knicks can get an all-star big man out of Houston's albatross? Those 3 players I listed, like it or not, would be an even trade for Houston. Only hold up is Dallas needs height even more than we do. They can't afford to trade Bradley and Fortson for a SG. Not really remedied with Mutombo (Dallas passed when he was FA because he is slow) or Trybanski either.

I can never understand what the hell he was sooo secretive about...
*Coughs in Stephon's general direction*

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I knew it...i knew it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I knew that sick twisted mind of yours would eventually dream up that layden was responsible for the marbury trade.....

i asume that is what you are implying..

tell me its true.....

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rashidi</b>!

*Coughs in Stephon's general direction*
funny how we learn phoenix were trying to make this happen for a year and it layden didn't get it done, yet isiah does it in a week or two. layden *wanted* everyone, it means nothing. he was too shy or cheap to pull the trigger.

anyway, at some point you have to reconcile you can't have it both ways. you can't sat isiah is a bad gm for trading our future, something the angelic layden would never do, then turn around and say marbury was layden's trade. we know you'd love the trade if layden did it, but he didn't.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
it is just eating you up alive that Layden,Eisly Chaney and the rest of laydens garbage is gone and we are playing good ball...:yes:

I LOVE that you have egg all over your mug:love:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rashidi</b>!

Really? And what could Thomas get for Houston? Are you naive enough to think that the Knicks can get an all-star big man out of Houston's albatross? Those 3 players I listed, like it or not, would be an even trade for Houston.
Only if, like Layden, you are enamored of Mormons, injuries and mediocrity.

Why would we trade our best scorer for a conglomerate of bigmen no better than what we have now? Houston might not net us an all-star but there is no need to trade him for just for a bigger logjam upfront.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts