Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Nick Van Exel wants to play in one of the 3 Texas teams(Mavs, Rockets, Spurs), why not send him to the Rockets and get the Warriors Steve Francis. The Warriors would have to package someone else, but this would be a good move for the Rockets, who would get an underrated passing PG who is looking to win first towards the end of his career.

The Warriors would then have more talent. Not sure how the Warrior fans would like this but they would probably have to give up Van Exel and someone else. Maybe Brian Cardinal or Calbert Cheaney.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
I like the idea of the Franchise and JRich in the same backcourt. Easily the best dunking backcourt in the leauge.

As for HTown.... they don't accomplish much with trading Stevie and getting NVE and some change. NVE isn't the type of PG they need IMO. In all reality he's another undersized 2.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I don't think Van Exel is the type of pint guard that the Rockets would be looking for if Francis is on the block. He <i>is</i> a 2.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Originally posted by <b>compsciguy78</b>!
The Warriors would then have more talent. Not sure how the Warrior fans would like this but they would probably have to give up Van Exel and someone else. Maybe Brian Cardinal or Calbert Cheaney.
if a warrior fan liked the idea of trading NVE for franchise i am sure the loss of calbert cheaney would not change their opinion

GS is gonna have to give up alot more talent than BC or CC to get steve francis.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Re: Re: Nicky Van Smack for Steve Francis trade

Originally posted by <b>shyFX325</b>!

if a warrior fan liked the idea of trading NVE for franchise i am sure the loss of calbert cheaney would not change their opinion

GS is gonna have to give up alot more talent than BC or CC to get steve francis.
Houston would probably want Speedy too, who would be a good fit. And NVE could just do what he did in Dallas, be a badass 6th man.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Ahh I love talking about trade scenerios with Francis... but bottom line is it's gonna take more than a stupid suspension and a bad season to get Francis out of Houston, as much as I'd like to see that happen... but anyhow here's my suggested trade:

Houston trades: PG Steve Francis (16.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 5.9 apg in 39.7 minutes)
SF Clarence Weatherspoon (3.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.8 minutes)
SF Eric Piatkowski (4.8 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.5 apg in 17.0 minutes)
Houston receives: PG Nick Van Exel (13.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.7 apg in 32 games)
PF Clifford Robinson (11.8 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 3.0 apg in 47 games)
PG Speedy Claxton (9.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 4.2 apg in 46 games)

TRADE ACCEPTED

I think throwing in a vet like Cliff and a solid PG like Speedy will be enough to convince Houston to part with Francis. Now if only management would be willing to give him up....

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NVE is in the latter part of his career. We have all seen what Francis can do in a system built around him. I think they would want more for Francis. Perhaps a Dampier/NVE for Cato/Francis type trade. I know Yao plays C in Houston, but 2 centers is better then 1.

-Petey

·
Registered
76 Posts
As an avid GS Warriros fan, I would say trading for Steve Francis would be a major mistake. This guy complains too much, and In my mind I could see him eventually crying like a baby to leave this town. But, as much I dislike him, trading van Exel for him doesnt seem that bad, as Van Exel isn't doing much for the team at all except missing last second shots to lose games for us.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Warriors trade

How about this option: 1481911 realgm.com

van exel, dunleavy jr, and echmeyer

for

francis and taylor

THEN i heard Miami has Damp. in mind.
http://www.nypost.com/sports/16117.htm

trade id: 1481875 realgm.com

miami recieves: dampier from gsw and arroyo from utah

warriors recieves: loren woods, keon clark, and caron butler

utah recieves: eddie jones and rafer alston

Warriors lineup:

Steve Francis, Speedy Claxton
Jason Richardson, Michael Pietrus
Caron Butler, Brian Cardinal
Troy Murphy, Cliff Robinson
Adonal Floyle, Maurice Taylor

woods, cheaney, clark, and aj are all free agents. warriors can resign clark or move him again if they want.

:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.