Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Star in the Making
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin and I were disccusing this earlier. I am a Lakers fan and he is a Nets fan. I do like Carter/JKidd though. One thign we've noticed... Nets are never on national TV?

I mean, they do have 2 out of maybe 5 most entertaining players in the league... wussup wit that?

TNT is showing KNICKS for gods sakes next week.....

Anyone know the reason?

·
Star in the Making
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THE TAKEOVER said:

They are the hottest team in the league and they do have very excitign players...

what gives?

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
Steez said:
They are the hottest team in the league and they do have very excitign players...

what gives?
these schedules are created in the preseason, which i do not agree with. Furthermore, teams like new york and la respectively are the largest basketball markets. However they have changed the national tv schedule a few times this year to add nets games. Next year, there should be alot more national coverage of Nets games with the way the team is currently playing.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The nets are not as popular as say the Knicks, Heat, pistons, bulls, lakers because they have been good for a long time and are popular with a lot of people. The nets are popular to, but to be honest people know about know more about those teams.

·
Star in the Making
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dark Knight said:
TV schedules are produced before the season even starts.
I am pretty sure they can take out the Knicks games and put in nets

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
mjm1 said:
its not even really that. Philly and Golden State have received more nationally televised games and are failing to draw crowds to their home games this season.
Philly fans are mad about their team this year but they have a good fanbase GS is another story.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
mjm1 said:
its not even really that. Philly and Golden State have received more nationally televised games and are failing to draw crowds to their home games this season.
Golden state has one of the most loyal fanbases in the country. They definitely have a market out there, philly I guess are still going under the AI popularity thing, which seems to be waning by the way. Guess NJ is a small market afterall and regarding the schedule being made in the preseason, am pretty sure it can be changed during the season. Cant believe a team that has won 14 games straight isnt on national tv.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Hope the Nets make it to the Finals b/c then every game is nationally televised. Considering the fact that BBB.net is overpopulated by Nets fans they should have a fairly large fanbase & market. I guess that's not the case.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
Hopefully soon the Nets will have a long stretch of games on national television.

-Petey

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.