Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Jersey trades:

PF Aaron Williams (6.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 19.4 minutes)
SG Lucious Harris (5.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 18.7 minutes)
SF Tamar Slay (2.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 7.9 minutes)
SF Rodney Rogers (5.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 16.6 minutes)
New Jersey receives:
PF Christian Laettner (6.9 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.2 apg in 23.6 minutes)
PG Juan Dixon (7.9 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 16.9 minutes)
C Brendan Haywood (5.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.6 apg in 16.7 minutes)
PG Steve Blake (4.3 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.9 apg in 17.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +4.6 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and +2.8 apg.

Washington trades:

PF Christian Laettner (6.9 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.2 apg in 23.6 minutes)
PG Juan Dixon (7.9 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 16.9 minutes)
C Brendan Haywood (5.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.6 apg in 16.7 minutes)
PG Steve Blake (4.3 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.9 apg in 17.9 minutes)
Washington receives:
PF Aaron Williams (6.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25 games)
SG Lucious Harris (5.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 22 games)
SF Tamar Slay (2.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 9 games)
SF Rodney Rogers (5.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 23 games)
Change in team outlook: -4.6 ppg, -2.7 rpg, and -2.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Laettner's contract runs out next year. Lu and Rogers have been so dissapointing this year, we need to improve our bench. With this trade, our lineup would be:

C- Collins/Haywood
PF- Martin/Griffin/Veal
SF- Jefferson/Laettner/Veal
SG- Kittles/Dixon
PG- Kidd/Blake

I think this greatly improves our bench. The team will no longer be stagnant when Jason comes off the floor. You guys saw the last time we played the Wiz just how good Blake and Juan can be, especially when theyre together.

I believe the trade would help us greatly, and with Washington overabundace of G's, I would think it would benefit them as well. How do us Nets fans feel and how do Wiz fans feel of this trade.

PS, I prompted to do this trade becdause of my love of the Terps and because these two teams play each other soon.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'd make that trade. Like you said, our PG problem would be improved and I think Haywood would be a better fit at starting center then Collins is.

I think Washington would be a perfect team to talk to about trades. Eddie Jordan would love to get some guys over there who are familiar with the system and can show the other players some things.

Rod, if you're reading this, which I know you are, get on the horn with Eddie on Monday.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thats also one of the reasons I think a trade like this is very possible. The Wiz are guard heavy, REALLY guard heavy. And Eddie does want guys that already know the system. I think this is a great trade for both teams.

And since I dont recall the Wiz having a mascot, they could always put Rodney to use.:wiz:

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
no way wiz will do it. It is basically A-Train for 4 wizards. Rest have zero value (maybe Lu has minimal value).

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Yeah, it doesn't make sense for Washington.

Rogers and Slay are fairly worthless.

I'd rather have Dixon than Harris.

I love Train, but he doesn't equal Laettner and Haywood combined.

Then you throw in Blake, making Zoran a waste of a pick.

And you're really breaking up that ACC stable that they have down there in Washington.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And you're really breaking up that ACC stable that they have down there in Washington.
Nah, were just driving them up to Jersey.

BTW, from being in the Wiz forum, I have realized that the Wiz fans hate Lattner. The Wiz are not even letting Blake or Dixon play anymore. BREVIN KNIGHT started at PG yesterday for them. That has me to believe that the two young guys are on the trading block. Why let two players that the Nets could give decent value for, sit on the bench. I think its a good trade for both teams.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
The Wiz can get much better than this if they were to trade Haywood and Blake.

Despite the fact that many of their fans hated L8, he is still the top 2 big men they have because of his basketball smart. Haywood and Blake are two interesting young prospects that have severely more upsides that Harris, Slay, and Rogers.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted to leave Laettner out of the trade, but then the money would be far from balanced. Maybe the original trade but we add a 1st? Any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
i don't like any of the players on Washington...i would only trade from winning teams...we need to steal from some of the good teams out west and start turning the tables on these guys.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i don't like any of the players on Washington...i would only trade from winning teams...we need to steal from some of the good teams out west and start turning the tables on these guys.
Tom, the point of trades isnt to make other teams bad, its to make your team better. Haywood, Griffin, Laettner, Dixon, and Blake is a much better bench than the current one we are sporting.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
not enough to make a difference in my view...my point is that the west has better players and seemingly gets the better end of all deals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts