Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official!

Question: Since the Lakers essentially traded Odom for Nash, would you call that a better deal than Odom/Gasol for Paul? Do Nash/Pau work better with Kobe and Bynum than Paul/scrub big man?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
The past is over. This is a great deal !

GM's around the league are still pissed. No CBA can stop the Lakers. They should just accept that fact.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Paul is better than Nash at this point, and younger too. Plus he would probably make LA more attractive for Dwight. I guess it depends who we would have gotten to man the 4 spot. We would have had a large tpe to work with.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the short term, Pau and Nash make us favorites to win the West, but with Paul and Bynum we would of been contenders for the next 8 years.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
There were a lot of pieces in the CP3 deal that never surfaced, so its hard to say what the final deal looked like.

But for pure speculation, and assuming good health, I think I would rather have Nash+Pau than just CP3. But its very close. I have wavered twice while writing this

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Yes and yes. I think the Paul trade would have made us a 50 win team for a longer period of time but I don't think that a Paul/Bynum combo would have translated into an actual contender. I am very pleased with how this has all turned out.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
This will not end well when has it ever ended well when a former great vet switches to a team with alot of talent but not necessarily the pieces that help him be most effective.

I pray this all works out I just don't see how. I just keep seeing Amare and Shaq clogging the lane all over again. just being in the way on the court while Nash tries and probe through the trees.

Kobe's brillance is the only thing changes that scenario possibly. Those odd press conferences and jeresy holding by the old great player switching teams just seems to never work out.

Now we got Nash Nash of all players joining the Lakers. LOL Malone and GP with similar odd press conferences.

Barkley with the Rockets.

I just don't know man.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This will not end well when has it ever ended well when a former great vet switches to a team with alot of talent but not necessarily the pieces that help him be most effective.

I pray this all works out I just don't see how. I just keep seeing Amare and Shaq clogging the lane all over again. just being in the way on the court while Nash tries and probe through the trees.

Kobe's brillance is the only thing changes that scenario possibly. Those odd press conferences and jeresy holding by the old great player switching teams just seems to never work out.

Now we got Nash Nash of all players joining the Lakers. LOL Malone and GP with similar odd press conferences.

Barkley with the Rockets.

I just don't know man.
If Malone didn't get hurt the Lakers win the championship.

The Lakers were a talented team without Nash, lets just say he does what Sessions did... runs picks and rolls and penetrate and push on the break. Add in deadly standstill and off the dribble shooting to that and the Lakers are a much better team. I do think we have to get Nash a shooting backup 4 and maybe play Glock with him.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Nash fills two major needs better than anyone else in the NBA. This was a phenomenal move.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
If Malone didn't get hurt the Lakers win the championship.

The Lakers were a talented team without Nash, lets just say he does what Sessions did... runs picks and rolls and penetrate and push on the break. Add in deadly standstill and off the dribble shooting to that and the Lakers are a much better team. I do think we have to get Nash a shooting backup 4 and maybe play Glock with him.
I think Nash makes us better but doesn't cure all. Our defense is just terrible. And its because of the 2 bigs. It doesn't work in todays NBA.

Offensively Nash's shooting will be a huge asset. But he won't be dictating the tempo of the offense with Kobe and the need for the bigs to post up.

Nash is best when he overdribbles and totally dictates the offense he can't do that with us so how effective ultimately will his addition be.

we need to get some shooting on this team a lights out shooting 3 man or 4 man. Floor strecthers.

With Gasol at 5 I see us working much better. But not with Bynum and Gasol.

I pray I am wrong.

as for the Malone thing you are right I also believe Malone's injury sunk the team. But thats all part of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts