Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
They're all scared of him dominating everyone and becoming rookie game MVP so they had to keep him out. That's the only reason that makes sense to me. :)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yikes, no Memo either.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I find it funny that you guys think Darko should be in the game. Sure, he may be good enough, but have his 48 minutes this season proven that? Not at all. TJ Ford is the obvious selection that was left out, not Darko.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
We don't think he deserves a spot, but we were lobbying that he get one. He would prove to the fans who think he's a bust that he really needs time to develop, but can play with any of the other rookies right now. Plus Darko=TV ratings. Without Darko or Memo I have almost no reason to watch the game (even though Tay is in it).

Oh well, next year.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
More like...yo face!
Darko should be in because it is a game for the fans, granted so should Ford. Hopeuflly Melo makes the ASG and both Darko and TJ can move into the game. Although if they haven't given Darko the spot yet I doubt they will.

Other then that? Darnavian covered it all.

EDIT: I heard that players can play in BOTH games this year, Mr Stern wants to squeeze all he can get out of LeBron. Well isn't Dwayne Wade hurt? Maybe Chris Bosh will break down and somebody could always arrange to injure some other players. :D
:laugh:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
wow.... you think darko and tj ford would be more of a draw than udonis haslem wouldnt you (espically with wade already representing miami on the team:confused: )

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!

Well isn't Dwayne Wade hurt?
Wade is coming back wednesday or friday..

As for the game, Ford was the one left out who shouldnt have.....hes having a very good rookie year..

as for haslem, you cant put all guards on the team, can you????They need some people underneath....i agree ford deserved it over him though

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>froggyvk</b>!
Without Darko or Memo I have almost no reason to watch the game (even though Tay is in it).

Oh well, next year.
See, this is just you though. Sure, a Pistons fan is gonna wanna see Pistons in the game, but as a Raptors fan, I will watch cause of Bosh. There are 29 teams out there, and 18 spots on these two teams. Not every team gets what they want. I don't think the league could possibly pass off Darko as deserving to go to this game.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The rookie game should be very entertaining and hopefully high scoring. Bosh will be fun to watch and I think he could easily get 17 points and 10 rebounds. I just wish Darko would be there as well.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Darko would be the big man, wadecarronwhochamacallit, The thing is do fans want to see one player get a bunch of rebounds or do they want to a mysterious giant 18 year old competing against Melo and the boys.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
Darko would be the big man, wadecarronwhochamacallit, The thing is do fans want to see one player get a bunch of rebounds or do they want to a mysterious giant 18 year old competing against Melo and the boys.
they picked by who played best this year...THIS year, Kaman and Haslem have done better, and deserve it more this year....no special treatment for darko because he was 2nd overall

·
Registered
385 Posts
NO MEMO!!

Big guys on the team: Amare, Nene, Yao, Boozer.

Yao will play in the all-star game won't he?
He shouldn't play in both even if he can. He will dominate to much.
Amare is hurt, I think. That should open up 2 spots & Memo should play. He has similar numbers to Nene with less min. per game.
I think Memo deserves it more than Nene, Ronald Murray,Marko Jaric & even Tayshaun.

I bet he ends up on the team.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!

they picked by who played best this year...THIS year, Kaman and Haslem have done better, and deserve it more this year....no special treatment for darko because he was 2nd overall
What does Darko have to do?!?!? Maybe David Stern is bitter he didn't get a hand on one of those hand-painted-blonde-bobbleheads! That's probably it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
oooooo that was evil Rainman :)

I saw this somewhere today while reading through various websites. "Brown said Mehmet Okur might be an alternate for the rookie game".

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good news, I just saw this posted in the <a href="http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pcorn29_20040129.htm" target="new">Detroit Free Press</a>.

The Turkish native [Okur] still could be named to the team if Houston's Yao Ming is selected for the All-Star Game.

"I was told by my agent that I'm next in line if one of those guys don't play," said Okur, who is averaging 10.0 points and 6.6 rebounds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts